• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

delete

Those dimensions your looking for are really kind of impossible to get as the cars are assembled.

I think you need to get your rear crossmember on then the trunk pan, then using screws assemble the rest. (wheel houses, tailpanel, rear valance, and quarters)
Here is a link of some of the problems I ran into

Also you may want to get the advice of @eldubb440

This is not the exact area that you are asking about but close. The car has trunk floor pan installed but doesnt have tailpanel support braces installed so the measurement is from the trunk floor to the trunk gutter.
20220307_111014.jpg
20220307_111009.jpg

the trunk latch support should determine that distance......I cannot remember the last time I used a tape measure assembling sheet metal, probably because I never have........ as Don said, screw the car together, with maybe a tack weld here and there; with doors and trunk lid bolted on, it will all only fit one way.

I had a friend of mine give me the exact same measurement this morning and yours is dead on with his so that makes me feel very confident to go with that measurement. Thank you

Well I guess people do things in different ways. I wasn't really asking for people's opinion. I was asking for a measurement that was simple to supply for me. I'm glad that I did get a response answering my question rather than critiquing the way I work. It would have taken less effort to give me a measurement than to express an opinion that doesn't reflect the question. The measurement really helped me know that I was on the right track. Thanks @xs-ivv . The forum needs more members like you.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back