• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dental Crown Sensitivity

Dibbons

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
It's been a long while since I have had to have a crown made for a chipped tooth. This one is the molar in the back. Since the placement about a month ago, I have experienced some sharp, shooting pains once in awhile and also another kind of dull sensation (not really pain) barely noticeable throughout the day. I hope this eventually settles down. I don't mind the discomfort, but the mental "anxiety" wondering what will happen next is the hard part.

crown.jpeg

I got two gold crowns put on my back teeth two years ago. Still sensitive.
I’m actually waiting for covid stuff to relax so that I can go to Mexico and get my teeth fixed.
I use sensodyn, and it helps, but it only helps with sensitivity, not outright pain.

Went to get temp Crown replaced with permanent. Said “Doc it’s a little sensitive back there. He said “where is the Crown?

Had a chipped tooth in the upper back and a crown did not help. Had it yanked out and much better and don't even miss it or any future possible bills if it still needs maintenance. Also no more anxiety.

02004c63b49cd740c62fc08ce710f7ef.jpg

Tooth is cracked, had same thing done about 9 years ago got to hurting and after X-ray they saw it. To far gone they pulled it. I have two other done later no feeling at all on them. By the way first one cost $500 last two they did in the office on a mini CNC machine while watched. $750 for those. I’m looking into the implant thingy, single around $1100 whole row $2500. Ask me and I’ll tell you where this place is. The whole east coast and part of Canada knows the place. Cash or credit card Only

Had a crown in July took about a month for at to be painless.

Had a cavity filled about 2 months ago and 2 weeks after, it got sensitive. Then just before Christmas it was full blown killing me. So I was prescribed pain pills and amoxicilln. No pain now. but have a appointment on the 20th to get a root canal and a crown. My initial thought was, I was having a reaction to the composite filling? Cause I'm highly allergic to epoxy. But now I think that I will just get the damned tooth pulled. I hate pain ! I never had a root canal before. I'll pass.

Had some wisdom teeth taken out almost 2 years ago. They grew under the regular teeth so those had to go as well. Once that was done there was no jaw left so they put in a titanium plate and filled the hole with cadaver bone. After that healed the implant was installed then COVID hit. So I still never got my teeth. And, for almost 2 years the right side of my jaw has been numb. (Permanent nerve damage). Dental work sucks.

Dentist don’t want to fix you, you’re supposed to keep coming back your whole life. They hate false teeth because you’re never coming back but to “re-align” them. Root canals eventually fail, just pull it, worst pain in your life is having an abscessed tooth, could happen with a root canal.

Had a cavity filled about 2 months ago and 2 weeks after, it got sensitive. Then just before Christmas it was full blown killing me. So I was prescribed pain pills and amoxicilln. No pain now. but have a appointment on the 20th to get a root canal and a crown. My initial thought was, I was having a reaction to the composite filling? Cause I'm highly allergic to epoxy. But now I think that I will just get the damned tooth pulled. I hate pain ! I never had a root canal before. I'll pass.
The right oral surgeon it's not bad. Nitrous makes you talkative so beware!

The right oral surgeon it's not bad. Nitrous makes you talkative so beware!

Yep, that’s how my wife found out how much I spent on guns. She quizes me right out of surgery. (She’s no longer allowed to take me to the hospital).

I won't do a root canal either. Nothing more than a dead bone in your head.....

Yep, that’s how my wife found out how much I spent on guns. She quizes me right out of surgery. (She’s no longer allowed to take me to the hospital).
My X always wanted to go with me to my doctor's appointments too. It was part of her control crap.....

It's been a long while since I have had to have a crown made for a chipped tooth. This one is the molar in the back. Since the placement about a month ago, I have experienced some sharp, shooting pains once in awhile and also another kind of dull sensation (not really pain) barely noticeable throughout the day. I hope this eventually settles down. I don't mind the discomfort, but the mental "anxiety" wondering what will happen next is the hard part.

View attachment 1047555
Not all crowns put on a tooth have had a root canal. I've had a crown only to find out that it also needed a root canal when it didn't stop hurting.

Also it could be the crown isn't meshing correctly causing you to bite unevenly on the tooth. The dentist can adjust this.

Tooth is cracked, had same thing done about 9 years ago got to hurting and after X-ray they saw it. To far gone they pulled it. I have two other done later no feeling at all on them. By the way first one cost $500 last two they did in the office on a mini CNC machine while watched. $750 for those. I’m looking into the implant thingy, single around $1100 whole row $2500. Ask me and I’ll tell you where this place is. The whole east coast and part of Canada knows the place. Cash or credit card Only
Just got finished having 21-22-23 pulled, needed bone grafts, and 2 implants placed using the Yomi robot all in 1 session. Since I don't have dental insurance it turned out to be $7000 self-pay. That's not including making and placing the permanent prosthetics 3 months from now. I should have a cool 10g's invested by the time it's done. I could have bought a 2 post lift and had plenty of change left over. I knew I should have been a dentist.

Capture+_2020-12-30-17-11-09~2.png

Auto Transport Service
Back