• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dental Crown Sensitivity

I'm going to end up with partial plate on top
Front uppers are good upper rears I have been having pulling 1 or 2 at a time or as they bother me.
Bottom teeth have held up good over the years. I will end up with a top plate and prob 3 teeth on each side of it.
Tooth pain sucks, been there.

Root canal often does not last forever. When you way the cost of the root canal and the crown it may be a better idea to look into a implant. Not cheap either way. Ive had all my back teeth pulled after years of discomfort and worse, many were old root canals. I had implants with fixed bridges and can finally chew. on both sides of my mouth. I had a jaw injury decades ago and chewing on one side aggravated it, my jaw hurt and would get locked...Teeth on both sides fixed that.
What I will tell you is look around and try and find a good dentist. Only a oral surgeon or periodontist for the implant and a good dentist for the abutment.

Root canals are no biggie, had one done years ago. Had a gold crown put on, once in a great while, I’ll get a sharp, stabbing lightening bolt on that tooth. Turns out it’s due to really cold food or drink.

Just got finished having 21-22-23 pulled, needed bone grafts, and 2 implants placed using the Yomi robot all in 1 session. Since I don't have dental insurance it turned out to be $7000 self-pay. That's not including making and placing the permanent prosthetics 3 months from now. I should have a cool 10g's invested by the time it's done. I could have bought a 2 post lift and had plenty of change left over. I knew I should have been a dentist.

View attachment 1047728
My former dentist, a classmate of mine in high school, just sold her practice. She had her 70 acre horse farm on the market for $1.2 million so she could build an aging in place home up on the mountain near where I grew up. After selling the practice, she was able to build her home and keep the farm. A gorgeous blonde, she also married and divorced two doctors from our class, which might have helped the financial picture. Some people are born holding better cards than others, but she played hers really well. One of the first women to practice in our area.

Speaking as somewhat of an expert on pain (y'all know why) - oral/tooth pain is the worst.
Period. Hate it and have full sympathy for anyone else suffering from it!

Part of having an extremely dense bone structure, no doubt aided by my drinking nothing
but gallons of whole milk as a kid probably, I've only lost two teeth on my own in my adult life and
ironically, they were actually "baby" teeth that never had adult replacements under them!
(Insert your TN inbred jokes here)
I got over 50 years out of those rascals before one finally busted a corner off, so they took
its' twin too - gives me sort of a vampire look on the bottom row.
Ok....a geriatric vampire maybe, but still...*ROWL GRR!* *cough*
Or something... :)

Now, losses by others, that's a different story:
I still have three of the four wisdom teeth, even though there's no room for 'em - because
the dentist that started the process of removing them years ago wound up climbing on my
chest to hold me down, the tooth fought him so hard...
in the process, he destroyed the roots under the tooth next to it as well and I wound up
losing that one, too - so, no more wisdom teeth will be pulled. Ever.

Then there was the time the cop in Alexandria brake checked me and I ate the hard plastic
steering wheel....still got a cap on one of my Bug Bunny teeth from that one.
Knocked a dang chunk out of the wheel, though. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back