• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DePouli's 1969 Charger 318

Still at it...

Got the underside detailed, adjust the the linkage (still not right), did an alignment (need to sort out caster and camber still but the steering wheel is straight), connected the speedo, installed the new antenna base and wire, cleaned the windows, buffed a couple missed spots, and installed some various decals.

Ordered 2 water pumps, figured a spare isn't bad. Arrives Tuesday will assemble and have a slightly delayed departure.

IMG_20191006_193704.jpg

Got to clean up now to put the Superbee away for the night.

Good luck!
Sounds like your engine is running like mine. I still haven't figured out how to get mine running how I want it to.

New water pump came in as planned. Put everything back together this afternoon. Will put coolant in it in the morning and see how we did.

IMG_20191008_194927.jpg
IMG_20191008_194936.jpg

Last edited:
I did receive my First Junior last night. I go for my Senior in Charlotte in April.

Some friends got some photos of me exiting the showfield
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3166.jpg

All of your hard work paid off, look at that smile!

What a fun journey this was to share with you here!

Car is absolutely stunning!...job well done....

Still trying to get this thing running right. I played with completely different carburetors (the one that was on the car pre-restoration). No help.

Today I did a compression test. Results:
IMG_20191117_144210.jpg

Numbers 2, 3 and 7 plugs are fouled.

Also discovered my new alternator fan belt likes to flip over at high rev.
IMG_20191117_152739.jpg

So rather unsuccessful on all fronts.

What do y'all think about the compression test and plugs?

My systems are a really rough idle and down on power.

Last edited:
As Jeff points out.. a different spacer or some washers between the existing spacer and alternator mounting boss and the block. I did just that before our trip to the Aerowarrior reunion with my Bird. You may need a longer bolt to do so.. check your thread depth.
superbirdcleanup20182019 824.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1038.JPG

As Jeff points out.. a different spacer or some washers between the existing spacer and alternator mounting boss and the block. I did just that before our trip to the Aerowarrior reunion with my Bird. You may need a longer bolt to do so.. check your thread depth.
View attachment 867364 View attachment 867365
Good point on the bolt length...:thumbsup:

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back