• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desperatly needed!

mopar71340

Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Help!
Does anyone have a 1968 thru 1970 b body they are parting out, that may have a good gas tank floor bolt support up near the rear axle? when they redid my floor they lost one & i really would rather get one then have to buy the whole set of 3 from amd. I also could use the filler tube, & the gas cap.

Second.... does anyone know how the vapor tube goes back in? or have a picture of it mounted so i can put it back in. I got her fired today with a can & 105 octane race fuel, she still sounds sweet & started right up, but i really need these to get the gas tank back in her!

Thanks
Tony

I don't remember, but is this a spot welded bracket that holds one end of the strap? I have a complete trunk floor out of a 68 RR but don't remember if it was cut far enough to include that part. I have my 68 RR on a rotisserie so I can take a picture of the area and you can point it out. How much is the set? Assuming it's just a bracket with a hole you might just make one out of sheet metal real quick like.

I think the vapor tube routing depends on the body type. My 68 RR goes into the trunk above the axle near center, makes a tight loop by the RT rear inner fender and goes back out near where it came in (there is a little clip that holds it in place). I think the 69 RR is the same. Seems to me Chargers were different.

its the bracket that holds the j bolt, theres one on each side right near the hump upward turn the cheapest i've seen a set is 119.00 plus shipping on e bay. if you have a pic of how its routed that would be great as the tank was caved & tossed at the body shop. i never had the spare out so i cant say if thats right, or how does it sit
Thanks meep
T

Help!
Does anyone have a 1968 thru 1970 b body they are parting out, that may have a good gas tank floor bolt support up near the rear axle? when they redid my floor they lost one & i really would rather get one then have to buy the whole set of 3 from amd. I also could use the filler tube, & the gas cap.

Second.... does anyone know how the vapor tube goes back in? or have a picture of it mounted so i can put it back in. I got her fired today with a can & 105 octane race fuel, she still sounds sweet & started right up, but i really need these to get the gas tank back in her!

Thanks
Tony

Are these the pics you need?

road runner 118 (Small).jpg

road runner 117 (Small).jpg

Thanks!
69 hemi beep thats what i needed, half the battle down !
Tony

I believe this is the part/s you need. Like I said in my PM I will see what I can remove (if I have anything) and let you know.

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

Thanks meep thats the piece i'm looking for, I hope you have it
T

What I'm thinking is it would be easier to send you a template of the one pictured so you can make one (or I just make you one) rather than cutting off the one on the spare floor I have. I'm just looking at the total time it would take me to get the used rusty part off the floor (incl travel to storage) vs. making one up out of the same thickness sheet metal at home.

meep
I think i may have this resolved, there is a guy on e bay parting a 4 dr sedan out, if he doent follow through i may very well need you to make one if you can
Thanks for everything
Tony

Hi Tony
I took two of those off my 70 GTX. I bought the 3 piece package from AMD so they should still be at the shop. I am going over tomorrow (Friday the 19th) to work on the car and if they are still there I'll send them to you.
Darius
[email protected]

Darius
Thanks ever so much! let me know what the shipping costs you!
Tony

torredcuda

I haven't heard anything from darius yet one way or the other, how do i get in touch?

Please someone help me out here, someones gotta have it & the snow will be flying soon!

I`ll get out there sat or sunday and check them out and hopefully get `em cut out for you.

Ok guess I might have to bite the bullet here & spend way more than I need too. Does anybody just need one piece like I do, & want to go in on the set???? Also i still need the filler tube, as mine is bent to the point that I cant get the cap back on. Anyone interested please e mail me direct @ [email protected], & put from b bodys in the subject line
Thanks
Tony

Tony
Sorry I didn't get back to you yet, my business got in the way.
I looked at the brackets on Friday and they are rotted almost all the way through from the back side . I don't think you would want to put them on your car.
The 3 piece set I bought from AMD was only $129.00.
Darius

Auto Transport Service
Back