• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did any Roadrunner come equipped with Power Windows?

I recently saw an ad for a project C-Body, I think it was a 70 Fury, with a 'V' code 440-6. Again, thought they were only a available in B or E bodies!

Lots of 'discussion' about that car.

I recently saw an ad for a project C-Body, I think it was a 70 Fury, with a 'V' code 440-6. Again, thought they were only a available in B or E bodies!

1970 Sport Fury GT came with a 440 Six Barrel, very few made and I quit looking for one a long time ago, awesome car!

http://www.sportfurygt.com/

I've always wondered why there were never any hemi c body cars.....

Two 69 hemi super bees were sold in Calgary Alberta with power windows. Both cars were the exact same, they screwed
up and ordered 2 via stupid salesman.

Hmmm......

Would this happen to be one of them?

Mopars at the Strip - Hemi SuperBee #01.jpgMopars at the Strip - Hemi SuperBee #03.jpg

If you have a B C or E body and want the window motors to perform better and take the loads off the expensive switches, I started building an essentially plug and play relay kit for the power window cars. Also have a plug and play power top relay kit available. Both are an incredible upgrade over the factory wiring and performance.

As with any potential car guy growing up in the sixties, I went from comic books, to car magazines. One publication I picked up regularly, had an article about a mopar that the FBI, ordered special. They would have been during the mid sixties. All four door cars with HEMI engines. If I recall it right, they had dash a plack that stated "Especially Made For The FBI." As a MOPAR dealership mechanic, I saw very few muscle cars, return to the dealer for work. I only ever worked on a couple in my memory. What I did see, that even at that time, were three speed, on the floor, 63' and 64' Chrysler's. One 69' Satellite wagon, with an orange, 383 Magnum engine, with auto on the column. One seventy Coronet wagon, with the wood grain sides. The 383 orange Magnum, four speed, and If I recall, a console shift with buckets. Power windows on your base RR ? Can't recall ever seeing one. 1970, but maybe only in the GTX. I have see PWs in the late fifties Chrysler and Desoto cars. Some more odd balls. A 69' Charger, full power, sun roof with AC. With a 225 engine. There was a time where with the right connections, you could get anything built. But with delays on the production line, costing the company money and time. And these "special order" items being offered in higher end models, making the customer spend more dollars, making more profit, I can see why they were offered less and less, unless you bought the higher end models.

- - - Updated - - -

One was built. It was offered as the Sport Fury, with the laser stripe, from front to back. And a large 440 decal at an angle on the hood. I don't know how many were six packs, but one was on ebay late this year, less the six pack. I've looked for 70' and 71' Sport Fury's but they are rare. Plenty on 67' and 68's.

Heck yeah... 69 did for sure. There was also a cruise control that many think is a bogus thing.

Well since we're throwing odd balls around .my dad went to a mopar dealer in 64 and was looking for a nice family 4 door sedan. The sales man says you dint want that what you need is the all new 64 Newport conv all new design for this year . So my father said I don't want a push button I want a 3 speed on the floor . my father said if you can get one here I'll buy it right now (knowing there was no such car) well 3 weeks later the guy called said your car just got off the truck and to come on down and pay him for it .so Yeah they'll do anything to make a sale it stranger the change the more it's worth it seems. And yes I've see power Windows on pre 71 cars they are rare I've only seen a few of them setup like that.

WOW a truly Rare Chrysler Newport!
So,
The point is:
Anything is possible and furthermore, the stranger it is, the more probable it could be!

WOW a truly Rare Chrysler Newport!
So,
The point is:
Anything is possible and furthermore, the stranger it is, the more probable it could be!

Noooo.....if you look on the first page, you'll see his dad got the standard set up. Nothing special at all. He got exactly what the factory already offered. The salesman was the smart one. He ordered what the customer wanted and was already possible.

Noooo....'anything' is not possible.

Auto Transport Service
Back