• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anyone else know about this? Fuel cap holder......

Far F-ing out! I had no idea; I'll have to look inti this tomm.

Don't feel too bad, it took the Mrs. 11 years to "discover" there is an upper and lower glove box on my truck.
It's a 2011 Ram 2500.
She still hasn't found the in floor rear storage compartments.......ssssshhh.

My 04 ram had adjustable brake and gas pedals. It was years before I found it.

Im so used to driving old cars, when I rented a new tahoe in indiana I had to check the internet to find out how to open the gas door. I was a step away from trying to lift the license plate.

My 03 Dakota has a tether on the cap and I'll just let it hang when fueling up. But if it ever breaks I'll have the holder on the door!
20220820_234510.jpg

Did you know that the hole in a spaghetti spoon is to measure just one serving?
images (3).jpeg

Dang man, it's a HOSE.....sheesh.

Cranky, et al:
I tell you what, every time I start to feel old, all I gotta do is come on FBBO.
You guys and your "discoveries" cure me of it real quick-like. :)
Guess its time for new glasses , thanks Ed for pointing that out.

Funny, the things that one takes for granted that everyone else knows about. I knew about them for years and thought everyone else did too. lol.. Do you know about the little tabs that you can fold inward on each end of your aluminum foil box to keep the roll from falling out of the box every time you get some? Look at your box ends, you'll see them..lol.

1661083701522.png

How about the slot/hole in the end of your cooking pot handles? It's not just there to hang the thing up on. Stick the handle of your stirring spoon into it and let the other end hang over the pot. No mess and you know where it is.
Also, if your boiling pasta lay a wooden spoon across the lips of the pot. It will stop it from boiling over.

Lose stuff down between the seats often? Cut a length of 1/2" pipe insulation and stuff it down next to the seat. Solved!

1661084436094.png

Did you know that your mustard bottle has a clip back feature to capture the cap so it doesn't fall into the stream of mustard as you squeeze the bottle?

1661084619522.png

Next thing you know i'll be wearing dresses and using pronouns...lol. :bananaweed: :bananaweed: But no thongs....can't see that nonsense...

My 03 Dakota has a tether on the cap and I'll just let it hang when fueling up. But if it ever breaks I'll have the holder on the door!
View attachment 1331375

View attachment 1331377
My wife has a little Buick Encore. I call it "Puddle Jumper".
About a year ago I cam out of the gas station while she was gassing up & saw the tethered cap dangling against the car. Walked up & noticed a hook on the door & showed her she can hang it up. She drove the car for 4 years & never noticed or knew it was there...

20220821_090023.jpg

20220821_090035.jpg

Those Mopar gas cap holders are notoriously poor in actual function.

Difficult to get the cap in, but easy for it to fall out...and it puts the cap partially in the path of the pump nozzle so it's real easy to bump and then fall.

There are many MFG that have a WAY better design.

Sorry, but FAIL for the engineering team that designed these.

View attachment 1331375

View attachment 1331377
The tethers on my mid 90's Dakotas are long gone!

Funny, the things that one takes for granted that everyone else knows about. I knew about them for years and thought everyone else did too. lol.. Do you know about the little tabs that you can fold inward on each end of your aluminum foil box to keep the roll from falling out of the box every time you get some? Look at your box ends, you'll see them..lol.

View attachment 1331472
Never noticed that either and it even says 'press here to lock roll' lol

Does anyone else do this?

View attachment 1331473
I don't....

Next thing you know i'll be wearing dresses and using pronouns...lol. :bananaweed: :bananaweed: But no thongs....can't see that nonsense...
Yeah, thongs feel pretty creepy.....at first :lol:

I think one of the main problems with the design is that the tangs don't compensate for the threads where they make contact.

I've thought about bending them each in the respective direction to see if that helps but never bothered to do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back