• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anyone on here buy this E-bay Nos 1968 R/T 500 Taillight in December?

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-NOS-1...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The reason I as is that I bought one and afterwards I saw the guy had sold this one earlier... I asked him then if had multiple ones cause I saw this one sold back in December.. Well he said he had 3 kept one for his car(that's a lie)... Well I got the taillight today and it has few huge pits in it and after looking at the one auctioned in December low and behold this is the same taillight as the plating on the housing is exact to the one I received just the gasket was cleaned and less pictures were added to my auction with the taillight flipped upside down hiding the pits..It is for sure the same taillight as in the first auction I downloaded pictures and zoomed in to see exactly where these pits were and clever camera work hid them... Just trying to search out the buyer who returned this taillight... MY auction below and few of the pits pictured that SHOULD have been disclosed.... I am bummed cause I have the other side bezel NICE and NOS and have been searching for this side for 4 years...I know it's up to 52 years old but it's not Minty for sure but still very nice. These parts make the *** end of the car...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEAR-MINT-...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

IMG_2213.JPG IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2212.JPG

Must be in peoples blood to pull crap like that. Maybe poor DNA Pool.:soapbox:

that is a bummer, ebay is a miss and hit.Always look at feedback and then pray you dont get jacked.Ebay not backing you?

that is a bummer, ebay is a miss and hit.Always look at feedback and then pray you dont get jacked.Ebay not backing you?
I have not got e-bay involved yet. He sent me back $50 and I told him I was thinking $70 as that would put me at $200 in it after tax and shipping. I have to say if I saw it at a show $200 is what I would give. Had it been 98% Mint like what I thought I bought that would have been a bonus cause I would have spent more as I put $295 as my bid. While he lied about it twice now, it still has a value to me as I needed this side.. I don't want to buy the chinese ones just wanted nice original parts. Here it is polished nice looking and my other side is better but still has pitting that was undisclosed...
IMG_2215.JPG
IMG_2219.JPG

I bought the chrome rings for my back lighst for the 70 Bee and the same thing happened to me. The ones I bought were better but far from perfect. Repops are $400 and I heard they did not fit well. 50 years old parts are hard to find and in show room condition is harder.
s-l640.jpg

Well while the guy is a snake and a liar. I have a use for this taillight and have been looking for over 4 years. He refunded $60 so after tax and shipping I ended up with $210 in it. Over the years I have seen used pitted ones for $125-175 each so while I would have been happier if the "minty" description was correct it will still be a big improvement of not having a nice one at all...

That stinks but at least you got one, idk why folks just can’t be straight up...?

Sucks he was not totally accurate on it but that's a nice looking taillight for a 210.00 original, just saying....

Auto Transport Service
Back