• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I find an early b body sway bar?

Hosehead

Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
I think so. I got this off of a 66 charger and I found an article on 62-65 b body site that says an early 66 charger sway bar is the same one that was used on a 63-65 b body. Does anyone know where bushings can be purchased for these? Does anyone know what they go for? I haven't decided if I'm going to use it on my 65 or not yet. Anyway, pretty strange looking bar, huh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 601
yea..that's an early 66 bar....bushing are almost impossible to find....I heard someone makes them, but not sure who it was

Bryan

I used moog part numbers K90599 and K7061.

The k-frame square bushings are a little big in the hole size due to they being for a c-body.

The bracket will need the welds cut so the bushing can be replaced.
Also the bushings for the strut rod will need to have the sides trimmed. I did this on a belt sander.

I posted pictures some where on the web.

I used moog part numbers K90599 and K7061.

The k-frame square bushings are a little big in the hole size due to they being for a c-body.

The bracket will need the welds cut so the bushing can be replaced.
Also the bushings for the strut rod will need to have the sides trimmed. I did this on a belt sander.

I posted pictures some where on the web.

That bolded comment is the equivalent of a pirate saying I buried the treasure somewhere in the Pacific. The difference is the pirate was 3/4 of a metric butt load more specific.

That bolded comment is the equivalent of a pirate saying I buried the treasure somewhere in the Pacific. The difference is the pirate was 3/4 of a metric butt load more specific.
This comment is 100% pure win, hahaa!

Auto Transport Service
Back