• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Different door jamb switch sizes?

rescuediver1982

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
I took the door jamb switches out of my 73 satellite sebring plus (now roadrunner clone) for painting. One was broken and didn't spring back anyway. However, I have lost them! I have ordered 2 sets that said they were for my year/model but they are way to small. The factory threaded hole is maybe 1/2"? vs the 3/8"? these are... does anyone know what size these are or have part numbers/sources for replacements?

I took the door jamb switches out of my 73 satellite sebring plus (now roadrunner clone) for painting. One was broken and didn't spring back anyway. However, I have lost them! I have ordered 2 sets that said they were for my year/model but they are way to small. The factory threaded hole is maybe 1/2"? vs the 3/8"? these are... does anyone know what size these are or have part numbers/sources for replacements?

Just went through this with my 71 R/T. one side was a 2 prong and the other side was a 3 prong switch, measure your diameter. Many sources on the net. I found a hard to find one at jimsautoparts.com

since 72 all become 2 prongs. 71 is a one year setup

I remove my 74 door jam switches with 9/16 hex wrench as far I recall, so... I guess this mean my car is 1/2" thread hole ? I know several changes were made by Mopar by those years, soooo this can be confusing and just need to try to match your assembly

On a 73 the door switch should have 2 terminals on left, one on right. Parts numbers are as follows:
3488875 right side/passenger
2947844 left/driver
both should have the same size hole.
DoorSwitch3488875-04.jpg
DoorSwitch3488875-01.jpg
Switch2947844.jpg

mine got two prongs on both sides ;) ( 74 ) even of course on passenger just uses one of the prongs

Last edited:
No one makes the larger door switches 1/4 pipe tap. You can however get them with the smaller 1/8 pipe tap. What I did was use a pipe reducer 1/4 outside and 1/8 inside. I cut off the 1/4 threads and was left with a hex head with 1/8 pipe threads inside. I drilled out the door jam switch hole so that the reducer would fit inside and welded it in. Now you can use the smaller door jam switches.

I just checked at Megapartsusa.com and now they have the 1/4 NPT door jam switch
p/n 183-DJS435

IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0652.JPG IMG_0473.JPG IMG_0474.JPG IMG_0477.JPG

No one makes the larger door switches 1/4 pipe tap. You can however get them with the smaller 1/8 pipe tap. What I did was use a pipe reducer 1/4 outside and 1/8 inside. I cut off the 1/4 threads and was left with a hex head with 1/8 pipe threads inside. I drilled out the door jam switch hole so that the reducer would fit inside and welded it in. Now you can use the smaller door jam switches.

I just checked at Megapartsusa.com and now they have the 1/4 NPT door jam switch
p/n 183-DJS435

View attachment 719304 View attachment 719305 View attachment 719306 View attachment 719307 View attachment 719311
Thank you! I was trying not to use a reducer but it has crossed my mind! I actually had just found them in mega part’s Site and ordered them. I also got a new connector to Rewire my headlight harness. Their prices seem really good!

I have these if you're wanting OEM. Looks like I have 2 large diameter ones, both with single connectors. One double connector with small diameter and 3 single connectors with small diameter and sheaths over them.

20190213_195402.jpg 20190213_195408.jpg 20190213_195413.jpg 20190213_195416.jpg

They will fit and could work for passenger side ( diff terminal thought at least on mine ), but drivers needs at least two prongs as minimun to be able to get the warning buzzers working just with driver side door. Using single terminal on driver side and splicing blacks and yellows together will make the warning buzzers work with passenger side too.

Auto Transport Service
Back