• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differential width question and a bonus question

hashmaker

Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
I have a few B bodies from 68-70 with Dana 60s in them, I am looking at a 72 Road Runner project and was wondering if the differential (rear end) is the same width or different?
And for extra points in the mid 80's the TV show "Hunter" drove a lot of mopar cars. What was the green Plymouth used in one season or more, I think a 71 or 72 Satellite??

The differential is the center section. The axle housing is the concern. The 68-70 B unit is narrower by several inches. You'd have to relocate the spring pads and even then, it may be a tight fit. You'd need wheels with much more offset to avoid rubbing the leaf springs.

E body is pretty close, but a bit more narrow than 71-74 B.

From a once great website:

1716406778141.png

Think there's a sticky on actual widths over in FABBO.

Can't help with the 71-up widths but pretty sure Sgt. Hunter's POS was a later 70s Monaco, like '77 or '78.

I thought that the Hunter car was the same as Rosco an The Dukes of Hazzard….
Plymouth fury or Dodge Monaco
The early episodes of the Dukes had AMCs!

On line info says 77 Monaco but I thought there was a season where Hunter drove a green Plymouth from the early 70s. It always showed him frying the tires in so many of the scenes. That is peaked my interest in Mopars.

IIRC Hunter's personal car was a green 72-ish 2 door impala/caprice in poor condition.

McCall's OTOH was a turbo FWD Daytona.

Auto Transport Service
Back