• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Digi-tails Led tail light kit

mquinn66

Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone here bought and installed Digi-tails led tail lights? If so how was the install? Any recommendations to be prepared for? Any videos on install or finished results?

I have them on a 72 Dart. I think they are great. The wiring was not bad. Just followed the directions. I suggest new gaskets for your tail light lenses. Customer service was great. Think they are lifetime guarantee? Years later had some problems, they replaced them for free.

I have had them for about a year and a half. They were a little difficult to install but anybody that's even a shade tree mechanic should be able to do it. I bought the no load flasher just in case and ended up not needing it. I tried using Superbright LED bulbs for the front but couldn't get them to blink with either flasher and customer service had no fix so had to reinstall the old front bulbs. One thing they kind of drop the ball on is not telling you to REALLY clean the inside of light housing so the double sided tape that mounts the LED boards will stick. A couple of mine popped loose and I think that was the problem but it might be Georgia heat and poor roads and a black car. I'll be glad to help out any way I can if you decide to make the jump. They really are a signature feature with the way the sequential turns signals work, they don't blink, they wave.
I tried to upload a video of them working but I get the "too large" error message

Last edited:
I have had them for about a year and a half. They were a little difficult to install but anybody that's even a shade tree mechanic should be able to do it. I bought the no load flasher just in case and ended up not needing it. I tried using Superbright LED bulbs for the front but couldn't get them to blink with either flasher and customer service had no fix so had to reinstall the old front bulbs. One thing they kind of drop the ball on is not telling you to REALLY clean the inside of light housing so the double sided tape that mounts the LED boards will stick. A couple of mine popped loose and I think that was the problem but it might be Georgia heat and poor roads and a black car. I'll be glad to help out any way I can if you decide to make the jump. They really are a signature feature with the way the sequential turns signals work, they don't blink, they wave.
I tried to upload a video of them working but I get the "too large" error message
Thanks for the heads up on cleaning the inner housings good. I ordered the set from Digi-tails. Where did you tap into 12 volt constant power? I was thinking about using the trunk light for 12 volt constant power.

I have them on my charger. Look great and if I recall installed easily. I was retiring the entire car at the time so I was the time to do it!

Yep, the trunk light was the easiest place to tap into the harness. There is a lot of soldering to do and I would recommend the solder sleeves and heat gun to make the job almost painless. I bolted the light panel on the first time without checking for pinched wires and paid the price for that.

Yep, the trunk light was the easiest place to tap into the harness. There is a lot of soldering to do and I would recommend the solder sleeves and heat gun to make the job almost painless. I bolted the light panel on the first time without checking for pinched wires and paid the price for that.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the led's.
You recommended solder sleeves but from what i read in the instructions it suggests joining all the wires (6 or 7) together. Did you do yours differently? I can solder and do all the electrical work I just dont know alot about how to layout a schematic that will definitely work. I did already wonder if I could link the sections so i dont have 6 or 7 wires in a bulky soldered joint to the original harness.

digi.JPG

This is the wiring diagram I got with my lights. My car had 6 black wires running to the light bulbs instead of one like this shows so I used the solder sleeves to connect the yellow wires to them. The others I just soldered together like it shows and used shrink tubing on the joints. I also bought 1/2" convoluted tubing to put the new harness in. Cut the old harness a few inches past the jack except for the backup and tag lights and removed it. Did most of the work on the bench to make life easier.

Auto Transport Service
Back