• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Direct Connection aluminum finned valve covers?

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Am I just imagining things or was there such a thing as B/RB Direct Connection finned aluminum valve covers at some point in time?

Whew; think there was(?).

I've only seen them "stock" on a 71 Mr. Norm 340 six-pack....likely dealer added.

Several DC catalogs I have ranging between '80 and '90 show only chrome and then blue anodized stamped aluminum for BB. '75 DC cat. shows only chrome.
These are in the engine sections back then.
I have no info on the earlier stuff though.
Might check the Hamtrack site for the "Hustle Stuff" or performance parts........
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-2.shtml

My '92 cat. shows a BB cast MP available BTW.

Yep, I can only find reference to them for small blocks.
I just can't see putting yet another set of those Mopar Performance ones on my 440 - those seem real common anymore.
I thought if there were actually some that had Direct Connection (with the logo arrows and all), that would be cool.
Oh well.

I'm not saying they don't exist. Just what I found (or didn't find) in a little research.
Now, if someone had a set of MT's, some aluminum plate, and access to a mill, who knows how creative one could be!

That site is good for hours of getting lost in, Dave, thanks for reminding me of it. :thumbsup:

They did! Trying to find a picture in my archives.My CRS,,,,,,they either had Direct Connection or Mopar Performance in the middle:realcrazy:

Found it!! This is close friend Rob's big block stick Challenger.:D

9.24.17 058.jpg 9.24.17 064.jpg 9.24.17 102.jpg 9.24.17 103.jpg 9.24.17 113.jpg 9.24.17 125.jpg 9.24.17 127.jpg

Found it!! This is close friend Rob's big block stick Challenger.:D
Thanky kindly, but I don't see any in those pics?
Like I said, the "Mopar Performance" ones are pretty much dime a dozen - I'm wondering if there were any finned aluminum
valve covers with the "Direct Connection" logo on them?

Like I said, the "Mopar Performance" ones are pretty much dime a dozen - I'm wondering if there were any finned aluminum
I coulda swore I remember pics of them for all engines, “back in the day”.
I personally like the chrome from ‘67, but if u have the factory chrome($80) breather cap, it won’t fit any other v.cover. Thinking of powdercoat from Leanna to keep oem covers.( Cuda chick). She’s in ur area. Jeff

I coulda swore I remember pics of them for all engines, “back in the day”.
I personally like the chrome from ‘67, but if u have the factory chrome($80) breather cap, it won’t fit any other v.cover. Thinking of powdercoat from Leanna to keep oem covers.( Cuda chick). She’s in ur area. Jeff
She sure is. Good people, right there.
I happen to agree with the '67 chrome steel ones (if I'm remembering them correctly as being the taller ones).
I have the unsilenced air cleaner, so yeah, that push-on breather with the nipple for the hose is pretty much needed.

Sure there were...for other engines. This one is for the 2.2 or 2.5 four cylinder for example.
37706d1288312016-direct-connection-valve-cover-img_0067.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back