• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Direct tv......

Yeah, now you can also watch the best vacuum, bra, balding secrets or find out about some states pending tv tax on 6 different channels. If it weren't for espn and a couple more I'd get an antenna.

I just ditched Direct TV, they pi$$ed me off. I lost most of my car shows thanks to the channels being bought up and since I didn't have HD I couldn't get Velosity and they wanted something like $200.00 for the upgrade. On top of that it ticks me off that they refuse to put a conservative channel like the Blaze on when Dish already has it "500 liberal news networks but god forbid we put one more conservative network on". On top of that I'd been having trouble with the DVR and all they wanted to do was argue with me so I'm with Dish now. Sorry for the rant but I will say it had to be really really bad out for me to loose signal with Direct and I've already had to crawl out on the roof to wipe the snow off this one.

Have had DirecTv for 10 years. Storms and snow can cause some issues, but I'm not a complainer. Have too much **** on the DVR to watch anyway! Equipment has been fine, but some of the "techs" they have sent are idiots! Bad terminations, want to drill holes on the outside of my house, too fat to get into the attic, didn't bring a ladder, no fish-tape. Last one "stole" the "upgrade" equipment we were supposed to receive, and installed used ****. Next tech caught the problem and corrected it.

I have directv for 10 or so years...no problems unless super hard rain or snow....never more than 20 min or so...plus I take my box north to camp and have good TV....cable was always trouble

One quick note. I had the infamous lost signal error, and the repair tech mentioned that a few of my male copper conductors were a bit too long - they can mating improperly with the female end, i.e., pushing the mating end out of its proper location. I did cut/prep the cable with the proper tool (bought at The Home Depot), or so I thought. The correct length of the copper conductor should be the thickness of two nickels past the end of the connector.

Dan

One quick note. I had the infamous lost signal error, and the repair tech mentioned that a few of my male copper conductors were a bit too long - they can mating improperly with the female end, i.e., pushing the mating end out of its proper location. I did cut/prep the cable with the proper tool (bought at The Home Depot), or so I thought. The correct length of the copper conductor should be the thickness of two nickels past the end of the connector.

Dan

wow, what the fudge does that do?....and why would they not FIX it?:werd:

This was my "error", in that I had made up the cable end terminations. It is a subtle thing to be sure, and can and does work just fine, until it doesn't. Just a heads up if the system is acting faulty.

Dan

Auto Transport Service
Back