• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Passion A-855 O/D 5-speed transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Petty Lives

Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
I am in the middle of restoring my 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 440HP 6pack 4-speed Dana60/4:10. This will be no trailer queen. I purchased it to drive and experience that transforming gift this car offers.
But Modern highways and distances to shows dictate the need for a higher gear. As such, the Passon A-855 is a perfect solution. Trying to keep my cost down means I really need to install it now. Jamie has informed me that there is a year wait list. That doesn’t help me now. As I am a Disabled Iraq War Veteran classified as totally 100% disabled and unemployable by the VA and Social Security. I suffer from a traumatic Brain injury that has lead to the onset of Dementia at age 54. So I know that time with this car, life as I know it, is limited.

I was hoping that a member might have this overdrive transmission but for whatever reason has changed their mind or needs to delay their project, and would/could sell the one they have and wait the time needed for PassOn to built another one for them. If you are such a member or know of someone, please contact my cell.

Edit: Please read the rules for posting ads, thanks.

5DD6C405-1219-4713-9A08-39631E539DB9.jpeg 59E6E2FD-5732-4D92-AC8E-BF71B735B162.jpeg 28BE22F0-78FE-4B45-8A8E-8CE77AFD595A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be easier to put 3.54's or 3.73's in the Dana. MO. Not as much fun but easier.

Thanks for doing that Sir. Consider the SST Silver Sport TKO. Fast delivery and less tedious break in.

I've dealt with Passon, Huff, and GFI, and if time is of the essence, whether new or used, in my opinion based on personal experience with an A855, go another route.

I've dealt with Passon, Huff, and GFI, and if time is of the essence, whether new or used, in my opinion based on personal experience with an A855, go another route.
Are you saying that you have had issues with the Passon A855? Please share.

Is that what you have in your car?
Yes. SST working fine. No leaks. 2-3 shift at high rpm no problem. A friend has the Passon. Extended delivery. Popped out of first gear on decel. It has been shipped back East twice for repairs.

Please share.
The skinny: Popped out of 4th first drive down my street, and continually after.
Sent back twice for repair, never fixed, promised a new replacement trans which was sent for testing twice and failed for popping out of 4th both times.
There were 9 trans at one time, that I know of, that had the same issue, I was informed all 9 passed, including my replacement, found out later minimum of 3 did not pass, including my replacement.
That doesn't even cover all of the lying, blaming the customer, fraud, etc.

If time alone is the factor, stay away.

If time isn't a factor, never choose to deal with anyone involved in the A855.

Once again, my opinion. I'm also of the opinion that anyone pleased with the A855 got lucky and received, as I've been told by those involved, 'a good one' and, here's the important part, never had to deal with anyone after the sale.

Sorry to rain on your parade so to speak, but based on your situation I had to interject.

A year wasted: https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/a855-5-speed.442999/

That's a shame that a guy develops a product that would make life so much easier for us to convert to a 5 speed but has created more problems. I have a Kesler 5 speed conversion from when they first came out and had leaks. Gave it back to them at Carlisle and they returned it and still leaks. Shipping a tranny is costly not to mention the down time with the car. I've had the tremec since 2001 in a 71 Cuda with Gen 2 hemi.

I am in the middle of restoring my 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 440HP 6pack 4-speed Dana60/4:10. This will be no trailer queen. I purchased it to drive and experience that transforming gift this car offers.
But Modern highways and distances to shows dictate the need for a higher gear. As such, the Passon A-855 is a perfect solution. Trying to keep my cost down means I really need to install it now. Jamie has informed me that there is a year wait list. That doesn’t help me now. As I am a Disabled Iraq War Veteran classified as totally 100% disabled and unemployable by the VA and Social Security. I suffer from a traumatic Brain injury that has lead to the onset of Dementia at age 54. So I know that time with this car, life as I know it, is limited.

I was hoping that a member might have this overdrive transmission but for whatever reason has changed their mind or needs to delay their project, and would/could sell the one they have and wait the time needed for PassOn to built another one for them. If you are such a member or know of someone, please contact my cell.

Edit: Please read the rules for posting ads, thanks.

View attachment 1005830 View attachment 1005831 View attachment 1005832
First off:
welcome.png
Welcome to FBBO! Please consider posting in our Welcome Wagon section and introducing yourself to everyone. :)
Secondly - THANK YOU very much for your service to our country! :usflag:
Third - Holy smokes, your ride is gorgeous! :thumbsup:
Fourth: I've had experience with Passon, SST and Brewer's. FWIW, I won't ever deal with Passon again....just my two cents.

First off:
View attachment 1006499
Welcome to FBBO! Please consider posting in our Welcome Wagon section and introducing yourself to everyone. :)
Secondly - THANK YOU very much for your service to our country! :usflag:
Third - Holy smokes, your ride is gorgeous! :thumbsup:
Fourth: I've had experience with Passon, SST and Brewer's. FWIW, I won't ever deal with Passon again....just my two cents.
I use to live in Jonesborough for 20 years. Only moved recently to care for sick in-laws. Not being pushy, but what kind of issues did you have with Passon?

The skinny: Popped out of 4th first drive down my street, and continually after.
Sent back twice for repair, never fixed, promised a new replacement trans which was sent for testing twice and failed for popping out of 4th both times.
There were 9 trans at one time, that I know of, that had the same issue, I was informed all 9 passed, including my replacement, found out later minimum of 3 did not pass, including my replacement.
That doesn't even cover all of the lying, blaming the customer, fraud, etc.

If time alone is the factor, stay away.

If time isn't a factor, never choose to deal with anyone involved in the A855.

Once again, my opinion. I'm also of the opinion that anyone pleased with the A855 got lucky and received, as I've been told by those involved, 'a good one' and, here's the important part, never had to deal with anyone after the sale.

Sorry to rain on your parade so to speak, but based on your situation I had to interject.

A year wasted: https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/a855-5-speed.442999/
Thanks. It’s the last thing I need. Maybe a overdrive gear is best.

I use to live in Jonesborough for 20 years. Only moved recently to care for sick in-laws. Not being pushy, but what kind of issues did you have with Passon?
Ah, Jonesborough is about an hour away. Know it well...
Passons' limitations are his need to rely on others, in a nutshell. In my case, he had relegated
the rebuilding of transmissions he sold (with warranties, to be fair) to some underling who either
didn't know what he was doing - or didn't care.
Just as with others who have had warranty claims, Jamie instead from the get-go tried to deny
culpability and rather arrogantly tried to blame me for the issue with the transmission - until I
informed him that I was at the mechanic's at that moment, car in the air - and then proceeded
to demonstrate the issue aurally through the phone, live and in person.
I reckon that was the end of that debate...
He got the transmission back and I got a refund, against his protestations.
Hey, I was out the cost of the mechanic already. I wasn't about to dance the same dance twice.

I have a 855 in my 440 6bbl 70 Roadrunner. Within a year my 5 speed may be available if I change out to a G-Force 5 speed. I haven't had any problems with my 5 speed, but some have. If you paid Passon in full today I doubt you would get a 855 w/in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back