• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake conversion

The cordoba brakes are a direct bolt-on on your 68 coronet. They probably need to be rear mounted to avoid contact with your sway bar.

having a B-body myself ('68 Coronet) with the same question, I cant help but wonder if Cordoba brakes will work on my car. each article I read says something different, some says change UCA's, some say the spindles wont bolt up, some say they're a bolt on.....it gets a lil confusing lol

good to know! thx guys! and my car didnt have a sway bar so i shouldn't have an clearence issues :)

having a B-body myself ('68 Coronet) with the same question, I cant help but wonder if Cordoba brakes will work on my car. each article I read says something different, some says change UCA's, some say the spindles wont bolt up, some say they're a bolt on.....it gets a lil confusing lol

I have read that cordoba spindles are too tall and throw the front geometry out of whack. I have done the swap with a body spindles and 78 magnum rotors and calipers/brackets. It works very well, and I didn't change UCAs.

Read the links to the big block dart site ply64 posted earlier in the thread.
So far everyone arguning FOR the use of late B and F/M/J spindles HAS used them.
Everyone arguing against using them HAS NOT used them.
Logic would therefore indicate the use is valid.

If you read the link to the Mopar Action article, it warns against using these spindles because of the front geometry concerns.

If you read the link to the Mopar Action article, it warns against using these spindles because of the front geometry concerns.
This has been proven incorrect. The longer spindle may actually be better. There is only 3/8 of an inch difference.

www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/suspension/mopp_0503_swapping_a_and_b_disc_brake_spindles

The Final Outcome
Overall, using the B-spindle will result in geometry changes that are unnoticeable with all but the most aggressive drivers running against a stopwatch. Even at that, there's a good argument that the increased camber gain will have a positive impact on cornering while the increased toe-in through extension will go undetected.

I learn something new every day! I will have to start hunting those spindles for my stash.

I originally installed the Cordoba spindle and then a year later changed my mind and installed 2-inch drop spindles from Magnum Force Racing. I did this so I could drop the nose of my car while maintaining the spring effect of the torsion bars, which is effectively lost when dropping the nose with stock spindles.

Does anyone see any adverse effects on geometry, driveability, etc. in doing this? Has anyone else also installed 2-inch drop spindles on their '68-'70 B body? Is my thinking correct or flawed?

Along with my Hotchkis UCA's and front and rear sway bar I have caster set at +4 and Camber -0.5. I don't autocross and only drive on the street. I'm thinking I should lower my camber to +2.5 for easier turning at low speeds (<20mph). I notice some resistance from the front end that I feel should be a little lower for my purposes.

Last edited:
I think you're right 68'. Why tamper with the qualities of your torsion bars while taking a priority to ride height, if you're looking for more than just a very small adjustment. Tire size/height is also another method of raising/lowering the car in the front, but then cosmetics, clearence and proportion need to be taken into account.

I used the disk brake kit from SSBC on my '65 B body. A little more expensive than junkyard parts, but no spindle, A arm, or control arm changes. Bolt on kit. Having said that, I did the disk setup when I first put the car together because I was setting it up to race. It is now street driven only. If I had originally set it up for the street, I would not have changed from drums. A dual reservoir master cylinder, yes, but there are really good shoes out there for drum brakes.

The cordoba brakes are a direct bolt-on on your 68 coronet. They probably need to be rear mounted to avoid contact with your sway bar.

76 A body, cordoba's with Volare rear mounted hoses on my 69 SBee

Attachments

• 22f4.jpg
    22f4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 243
Auto Transport Service
Back