• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Discussion today Me vs. Prius Owner

If they care that much then they should reduce weight were possible including stereo system and a/c, or how about using a bicycle, moped, Geo Metro, or old diesel.

Not that I'd want it, but a Prius gasser with a woodgrain wrap and goldflake logo saying the Flying Wedge would be novel.

Prius owners generally don't get close enough to talk to me as the raw fuel pouring from my exhaust burns their eyes :)

If everyone replaces their combustion fired car with an electric this will require additional power plants to be constructed to meet the demand. By the looks of the photos posted earlier in this thread I take it someotherguy is not a fan of power plants. By the way "white smoke" shown in the photos is not really smoke or pollution. It is condensation generated from the cooling towers of the power plant. If you notice in the first picture there is snow on the ground, so it is winter. Clear blue sky means high pressure and dry air. When cold dry air meets warm moist air, from the cooling towers it produces condensation, that is what is coming from the cooling towers, not pollution. The other photos showing the cooling towers of a nuclear plant with not much condensation due to much warmer climate (green grass in photos). The cooling towers are all closed loop systems that produce no pollution. Not to say that power plants don't have emissions but it is much better than years past.

For me, I'll keep my combustion engines until a better battery system, national infastructure and disposal process for the batteries can be developed.

My feeling is whatever people drive is okay by me..."I don't judge you, you don't judge me". Most Prius owners I have met are smug ********, better than thou attitudes. I usually come up on them on the highway driving 45mph, and as I pass them in my Corvette, I just wave and smile.

You may be saving a little gas, but I'm going to get there days before you. Don't get me wrong, I try to be environmentally friendly, but I'm not an extremest.

If there smug to you like that ask them why they didn't buy a Tesla S at 175k? Seems to be the best out there at current, but no where near affordable and still 300 miles on a charge. Ill take my dino juice recycled pig of a machine anyday!

I get dirty looks in parking lots from time to time while lumbering through with my straight piped 24 valve Cummins. It comes off as especially loud compared to the newer common rail injection diesels. I love it more and more every day.

I get dirty looks in parking lots from time to time while lumbering through with my straight piped 24 valve Cummins. It comes off as especially loud compared to the newer common rail injection diesels. I love it more and more every day.

Your comment made me think of this video.... *ROFL*. Oh and notice the car she drives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ

Your comment made me think of this video.... *ROFL*. Oh and notice the car she drives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ

Yeah, that's an old video, but shows their **** retentive attitude & utter contempt or total rudeness, they're kind of the A-Typical POS trying to force the Eco-Nazi, Environmentalist-Activist, Fat a$$-Greeny, "better than everyone else" Mentality... I'm so sick of these Libiots & Al Gore worshipers...

Yeah, that's an old video, but shows their **** retentive attitude & utter contempt or total rudeness, they're kind of the A-Typical POS trying to force the Eco-Nazi, Environmentalist-Activist, Fat a$$-Greeny, "better than everyone else" Mentality... I'm so sick of these Libiots & Al Gore worshipers...

Amen brother. AMEN!

Auto Transport Service
Back