• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distracted driving?

Glenwood

Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Looks like this 62 Dodge was the victim of a distracted driver as he was about to pull into the local show last night
FB_IMG_1564758202001.jpg
FB_IMG_1564758191195.jpg
FB_IMG_1564757801440.jpg
FB_IMG_1564757763273.jpg
. What a shame.
Glad no one was seriously hurt.

If that was my ride, the person that hit me might be serious hurt! Glad no one died. 440'

MAN that is a big bag of suck right there. Seeing that makes me sick.
Extra glad no one was hurt... until the Dodge guy opened a can-o-whoop *** on the proctologist :cursin:

Man, that sucks. Any pics of the other car?

That should be good for a good insurance payout car and body injury. Then sue the driver just for satisfaction purposes

Lets hope the 62 owner has a GOOD insurance company with stated value. Cause the insurance company of the asshole who hit him will lowball value for sure!
As a 62 owner, that just makes me sick!

This is always a big concern driving my car...the friggin endless hours of work spent on it, the sweat, cash, endless hunting down the parts, restoing the original parts, and then assess what it will take to fix it if that's even possible. I installed LED tail and brake lights that helps; but friggen hey some ******** tailgate me routinely and I'm doing at least the speed limit or some miles above as sure enough if the limit is 25 most are going 35 or if it's 55 and going 65. What a terrible shame that Dodge looked like it was so cherry! My sympathies to the owner!

May have been distracted before but I guarantee I would have his full attention after! Thank God no one was hurt

If this happened yesterday I bet they will be sore today and for a while. Thats a heavy hit. We have alot of distracted drivers up here . It scares the **** out of me even being in my newer car when I see those ******** bearing down on me in the rear view mirrow wondering if they have any intention of stopping.

If this happened yesterday I bet they will be sore today and for a while. Thats a heavy hit. We have alot of distracted drivers up here . It scares the **** out of me even being in my newer car when I see those ******** bearing down on me in the rear view mirrow wondering if they have any intention of stopping.
I think it has something to do with a superiority complex or even mental defect with drivers who ride up another's ***. I do driver training as part of my work and have some interest asking the group if they tailgate and then ask why. Some will say because the driver ahead is a slowpoke then I say what if the driver is already going over the speed limit? Then I ask does it piss ya off when someone tailgates you? Often the obvious reply is yes. Then we get into how this causes many accidents and multi-vehicle crashes. I wrap with...if one tailgates another, that person is totally at the mercy of the driver in front as they see what's ahead...could be another car or bike ahead, a rock, debris, pothole, animal, or even a kid. The daughter of a family friend was killed when the driver behind her swerved to go around her as she was making a turn...driver behind that guy didn't see her in time to avoid rear-ending her at 50 MPH. Her neck was broken...she was all of 19 years old.

sad to see that , the guy that hit him must have been speeding
im guessing it was the pacifica that did the damage

That is not the way to alter the wheelbase on an early 60's Dodge.

Yeah, distracted drivers and tailgaters run amok in my area also. I was rear-ended a few years ago (in my wife's Subaru) because the young girl behind us was distracted by her 70lb. German Sheppard was trying to sit on her lap. It ruined our holiday weekend. It was the Friday before New Year's eve and we were on our way to Vermont for the long weekend.

That was a very hard hit. Those cars do not bend easily and I don't see front end damage from being smashed between two cars.
It's amazing that no one got whiplash. The G forces must have been incredible.

I think it has something to do with a superiority complex or even mental defect with drivers who ride up another's ***. I do driver training as part of my work and have some interest asking the group if they tailgate and then ask why. Some will say because the driver ahead is a slowpoke then I say what if the driver is already going over the speed limit? Then I ask does it piss ya off when someone tailgates you? Often the obvious reply is yes. Then we get into how this causes many accidents and multi-vehicle crashes. I wrap with...if one tailgates another, that person is totally at the mercy of the driver in front as they see what's ahead...could be another car or bike ahead, a rock, debris, pothole, animal, or even a kid. The daughter of a family friend was killed when the driver behind her swerved to go around her as she was making a turn...driver behind that guy didn't see her in time to avoid rear-ending her at 50 MPH. Her neck was broken...she was all of 19 years old.
I think weve all watched that video of that meth head smashing into the back of that car with the Chevy pickup . There are stupid people out there that have no brains then you have some that have no sense of distance. Quite a few think a return spring broke for the throttle and are in a mach 1 mode to be on front . Even if you are going above the speed limit.

I did it when I was 16. I was looking at two young girls in short shorts. New driver, sexy chicks. I looked up and a van had slowed for a left turn. Slammed on the brakes and for a second it looked like I would stop in time. Nope. didn't damage the van, so the damage was all on my car.

sucks

looked like a nice 62 also

I was hit in my truck by a young lady, I was at a dead stop in traffic on the highway and she hit me doing 50. They were all fine and so was I. I told her insurance company that all I want is for my truck to look like it did one second before she hit me, If not, you're mine. I would never sue someone for a simple accident, but, if you're on the phone or texting, I will own you .... PERIOD!!

I tell my Grandkids to watch it when they drive! I tell them that if they
slam into a McLaren or Ferarri, their insurance will only cover so much
of the bill and then Ma & Pa's house goes away! Sorry this had to happen
and I can't see how the driver didn't get hurt. He must have gotten slammed
pretty hard.

Auto Transport Service
Back