• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DO K7103 MOOG OFFSET BUSHINGS WORK

moes

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Yes they do work and you will get more postive caster.

If you installed them like the instructions in the package they might not help you much. The Moog intention of the bushings are for rusty cars that have sagging frames that bend inward over time.

The "trick" is to install them like this diagram below and ignore the Moog instructions. The arrows will be pointing opposite directions front bushing to rear bushing.

offsetbushingsfinal-jpg-jpg.jpg

First make sure you set the ride height first to what you want. Factory manual alignment specs are no good for radial tires, they only work if you use bias-ply tires. For Radial tires, Camber -.50 to 0 degrees, Caster as much positive as you can get up to 3 degrees and toe in 1/16th to 1/8th inch. Car runs down the road straight as an arrow now. You will be limited to what you can do with stock A arm bushings, but if you have the Moog off set A arm bushing you can tweek it a little more.

Last edited:
Yes, they do work, and can give much more caster than stock. I installed them on my Barracuda the same as your picture shows, and plan to do the same on my Charger when we get to that point. I agree,... diagram that comes with them is wrong for what we are trying to do. Front bushing should be installed to push the control arm outwards towards wheel. Rear bushing to move control arm in towards frame rail.

After installing mine, my camber was positive, so I rolled the front eccentrics inward until camber was slightly negative. I then took it to my local tire shop for alignment and told them I want about -.75 degrees of camber and as much caster as possible. Mine came out at 4.89 degrees of caster. Probably more than I need, but I DID ask them to give me as much as possible.:) Car drives straight and true with no issues, so I am leaving it where it sits for now.

For the record,... Alignment machines measure toe-in in degrees, not inches, so telling them you want 1/16th of toe-in doesn't translate to their machine. I know it sounds nerdy, but I went into my Solidworks drafting software and modeled up tires toed-in 1/16 of an inch, then measured the degrees of each wheel inward. With my tire diameters on my 225/60-14 front tires, it came up to .15 degrees inward on each tire. When I went to the alignment shop, they pulled up a saved recipe for a 1967 Belvedere a previous tech had saved and he had .14 degrees per wheel saved. Pretty close to what I calculated, so that's what we went with.

Auto Transport Service
Back