• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do old tires have any value?

Couple years ago I bought a set of coopers to replace aged out ones that still looked good. I have a very old Goodyear in the trunk that I was going to get rid of and put one of the 8 year old tires on the spare. Tire shop said that they would not mount tires that were over 5 years old.

Hay wagons or spare. I've seen too many 11r22.5 truck tires come apart and had to clean up the mess.

I have the Goodyear Polyglas G-70-14 tires that came with my 74 Charger when I got it. Thought repro’s but turns out date coded for April of ‘74. Put a few hundred miles on them in the early 2,000’s with a couple short expressway trips and a few passes at the strip all with no issues. Obviously not running them anymore but they will stay with the car as long as I have it lol. Also have the original mint spare that’s never touched the ground. Is there a good way of preserving them as they have weather checked some over the last 20 years?

I have a set of raised white letter Road Huggers I had on my Camaro when I was 18, cleaned and cracked, hanging on my shop wall of course........

Yeah - like most say. For sitting show cars only. Never ever use or sell them to anyone for road use. I would go so far as to document that on a sales receipt to a buyer. That would relieve you of any liability just in case.

Auto Transport Service
Back