• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have a 3D printer?

SteveSS

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
My son got one for Christmas. I thought he would be doing all sorts of Mechanical Engineering projects. He's been doing free files of the internet like this one from Mad Max. I think he can make little 383's 440's and 426 Hemis. Those files you have to pay for ($30-$60) and they are not all one piece.

Look on Thingiverse for the free files.

mmbird.jpg

Be nice is someone had plans for a 3d printer to make up little things that are hard to get, like side scoops for a 1970 roadrunner.

Printed a few things for multimops. I've modeled sections of my grille that are broken but I'm I the process of modeling the complete center.

If I had the parts i would make the CAD models. I'll print or machine anything that Will fit on the machines.

0203181144c.jpg

I personally don't have one but work does and I have access. Also we have a 3D scanner that can scan pieces in and then transfer to printer. Pretty cool.

If anyone has something they cant find and can't locate a 3D printer pattern, pm me. I can scan it and print it off for you! There are some difficulties with scanning but willing to try.

I've been in contact with Bigred68 re printer and scanning. We're in the R&D stage. I did some checking today to try things but 3D scanner out of commission until Monday. I did find out it's not the largest 3D scanner, or even best so we may be limited. But we're gonna test it out and see! Stay tuned..

Now that is a perfect use case. You can’t get real close so the graininess won’t matter. Anyone have one I could use to model up one for shapeways?

Are they the same for 69? I'm pretty sure I have a few extras laying around.

Yes sir that would be a money maker! I'll be glad to be a pilot program!!!! Lol!

I didn't think of defrost ducts. I'll see if I can scan one of those in too! Good thought!

Well the pic that I saw, each side was a little different on a 67. The right side seemed to sweep back more due to the glove box insert.
Unfortunately my car didn't come with them ...
I think @YY1 said in my WTB post that they were the sameup until 70... I think..

Auto Transport Service
Back