• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Know What I Discovered Today?

I sold my survivor 70 GTX because I was afraid to drive it.

Now that I have my ratty worthless Coronet, I drive it MUCH more often without a worry!
It's kind of funny you wrote this. I've been seriously thinking about "down"sizing to driver cars. There's got to be something wrong with me. I don't want to take any of my cars out when: the bugs are active, when it might rain, if it just rained (mud), if it hasn't rained (dust), too much traffic, and so on. I'd love to just drive my old MOPARS without worry and, for instance, a non matching number, nice driver might suit me better. I know, it's a sickness!

What say you.. LOL..
beedriveaug192020 021.JPG

It's kind of funny you wrote this. I've been seriously thinking about "down"sizing to driver cars. There's got to be something wrong with me. I don't want to take any of my cars out when: the bugs are active, when it might rain, if it just rained (mud), if it hasn't rained (dust), too much traffic, and so on. I'd love to just drive my old MOPARS without worry and, for instance, a non matching number, nice driver might suit me better. I know, it's a sickness!

It's a miracle that my wife even married me. At one point I had a 70 GTX, 70 RR, 70 W200, 88 FLST Harley,and a 2005 Neon as a daily.

We just bought a fixer upper house and I had no time to even maintain them properly. She NEVER suggested selling them, but she did say I want you to enjoy driving whatever you have. The trips out to Carlisle were always white knuckle rides for me.

So as I type this post in a sparkling new kitchen paid for from what once was my GTX and RR, I have no fear of driving my, at one time basket case, non original paint, 318, Stromberg 2 barrel Coronet.

I now live in a Zen state of Mopar. :)

I can't even imagine owning one of these critters and NOT driving it....
kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
Eh, I guess those rich folk collectors just like the bragging rights of saying they
own certain cars - I guess that's good enough for them?
More power to 'em, I reckon....

Yes, you drive your beloved baby a bit different, a little more defensively perhaps - senses in heightened mode constantly - but I've always employed
the "expect the other driver to do something stupid and plan accordingly"
mode when driving anything;
that comes from decades of warrior duty on highways around DC and Atlanta.

I don't have a high dollar show car like some of you guys, so I can't say I know what your experience is with them....but to me, the fact I've gone through hell and high water to put my own GTX together means a lot to me, too - and nobody or nothing much on the road is going to catch me off guard and get a clean shot at it, either.
Give Hagerty the damn money and DRIVE THEM!

Drivers are fun. This is after driving through a mosquito storm on our way to @Thunderlugs place a couple of years ago. 120 miles one way. Should have seen the windshield before I cleaned it. LOL

IMG_9583.JPG
IMG_9613.JPG

They draw a crowd and lookers. I drive mine, but very carefully with all the idiot's out there. I'm glad that I live in basically a rural area and can stay on the back roads. By the time they see it, I'm gone. View attachment 992741
Yep.. you always have to watch out for those idiots... :D
talladegaorbust2019 1039.JPG

Tell you what ! I have a 64 chry 300 k conv it's nice but not to nice it's got $100k coverage on it I've had cash offers of $60k 83k org miles I'll swap you even for the bird !
You can drive the hell out of the 300 and I'll pamper the bird!:steering:

They draw a crowd and lookers. I drive mine, but very carefully with all the idiot's out there. I'm glad that I live in basically a rural area and can stay on the back roads. By the time they see it, I'm gone. View attachment 992741
....kind of off topic, but your Ford Explorer is awesome. Reminds me of when my kids were little.

....kind of off topic, but your Ford Explorer is awesome. Reminds me of when my kids were little.
I will tell him, that's not my home. The Dodge truck with the hood up is mine. The house is my neighbor's and also the Ford.

230463-cbddd54312864fc5c87e4dc8632ee05a.jpg

Come on it's a good trade !
Hell I'll throw in my 72 Rallye charger project too

Yep.. you always have to watch out for those idiots... :D
View attachment 992909

Someone has to do it... So I’ll be “That Guy” :D
It appears by the picture that Wayne had a couple two three many...and was asking Santa for one of those funny looking Orange cars for Christmas.:realcrazy::luvplace:

Excellent picture of you guys!! :thankyou:

Someone has to do it... So I’ll be “That Guy” :D
It appears by the picture that Wayne had a couple two three many...and was asking Santa for one of those funny looking Orange cars for Christmas.:realcrazy::luvplace:

Excellent picture of you guys!! :thankyou:
:rofl: Not that I haven't heard that before. I'm glad you like my glasses. :)

I don't drive mine much, it gets maybe a few hundred miles a year put on it. I like to think of my Superbird as a fine piece of artwork. Sure it is fun to drive, but I get pleasure from just being in my shop & looking at it (they're beautiful from any angle!) and knowing that it is my name on the title. It took me 45 years and a lot of hard work to finally land my "dream car" and I choose to pamper it and limit the time it spends on the road. Bless you guys with "drivers", but don't for one minute think that you are enjoying your car more than I am!

Superbird in driveway.png

Last edited:
Get good Insurance and Have FUN with it!
If you worry about the Superbird to much, sell it and buy 3 or 4 other restored Mopars to have fun with.

Auto Transport Service
Back