• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you like Caddys?

I admire the old Cadillac coupes and convertibles. However, I would have to go with an Imperial or a letter series 300 instead.

It might be amusing to have a Caddy like Boss Hogg's though. I would drive it around the historic district of Savannah.

I admire the old Cadillac coupes and convertibles. However, I would have to go with an Imperial or a letter series 300 instead.

It might be amusing to have a Caddy like Boss Hogg's though. I would drive it around the historic district of Savannah.
1957-chrysler-300c-convt-1.jpg
1957-chrysler-300c-2.jpg

My Mom's brother would come to visit us driving his late '50s Caddy. He would let me drive it as I sat on his lap. I was too small to reach the pedals. That was my first experience with one.

My Dad bought a '63 and I always volunteered to wash it. I just admired the long body lines, fins and all the chrome. It was like riding on a cloud going down the road and as heavy as they were they really had the power.

Later in life, working on them in the garages, it would take all the hoist had to get them up in the air to do the service work. The local funeral home had a Caddy hearst that you had to run the front hoist post up a little, then the rear hoist post up some, then wait for the air compressor to catch up and repeat until you had it up high enough to work under it. That's a lot of steel in one vehicle.

Funny thing, Roadkill's Junkyard Gold is doing a Cadillac junk yard on Motor Trend right now.

Doing a all Mopar yard next!

The original name for the Cadillac car division was The Henry Ford company. He lost the company and it was renamed.

there's a 61 convertible a light blue color that pops up on detroit craigslist for sale every year around woodward cruize time, in love with that car just priced a little high and would take up alot of room i don't have. :(

16541.jpeg

Not a caddy but as big as one ! People love seeing the 300 especially when the top is down!

I'm laughing at this post and loving it! Can't believe someone hasn't screamed "get your stupid Cadillac ideas and memories off this website!". My point of view is this: All the carmakers had some excellent cars and body styles. That cannot be disputed. It's good to hear guys for a change admiring more than what's tattooed on their butts. I'm a MoPar guy thru and thru but will always admire any beauty that came from the U.S. or Canadian Big 3 factories. And for what it's worth, yea, sign me up too for a '65 Riviera.

And to Bb70charger 500: That is one beauty of a custom! A TON of work in that.

The black car is the "photo chop" I told some very talented people my plan and they took a picture of a 4 door car and moved things to scale to show me the outcome!
Mind you I'm not far off on the project roof has been chopped drivers side has been cut and moved into place car has been shortened suicide on drivers door already!
I need to sure up some welds but basically drivers side is done pass side is next !
Right now I have the frame in the garage cut the front clip off if it welded on a 79 Camaro clip and got the old rear out have a 79 el co rear setup that will give me coils on all 4 corners witch will make the air ride a breeze!
The interior will be a bit harder as I want to mimic a coffin with red crush with a pleet I'm turning the rear seat into a wrap around style since there will be a ton of room back there! I think the 5 speed will give it some caricature most people tell me auto is the way to go but mhhhh kinda boring. The car is getting a rougher vibe I named it sinner and I wanted to make what I think the devil would drive!
I have fog machines for under it at shows and red neons for the grille. A demon hood decoration.... I want kids to get scared.

No there's not something wrong with me I pray to God and everything I just am a fan of grim things and scary stuff .
It's ether going to be really cool or tachy so we will see if it turns out stupid I'll make it a normal car like the photo chop !

I was told my ideas were off the wall and my build wasn't welcome at the hamb (old hot rod site) so screw it ! I'm gonna do what I want to it and have fun . No nut and bolt resto no by the book if it don't fit cut it and weld it back !
KIMG0890.JPG
KIMG0859.JPG
KIMG1168.JPG
KIMG1390.JPG

Totally impressive! Keep up the excellent work and also keep us informed on your progress. I'm working on a '59 Fargo swb 1/2 ton that I've got a Dakota front frame half under. Just bought a used-up '70 Dodge D300 for its 383 that I plan on putting in the bed of this thing, in backwards with a Torqueflite, using a boat v-drive mounted up front to get the power back to the diff. Nothing wrong with off-the-wall ideas in my mind. Hoping to have it partially mocked up in a month or 2. I'll put some pix up when that's done. And you're right, screw the H.A.M.B. Surprised they'd give you a hard time with some of the stuff you read about on there.

In the summer of 1961, I saved three weeks allowance, and bought a ticket on a beautiful red convertible DeVille our local fire company was giving away in a fund raiser. I was crushed when I didn't win it. Shifted my interest to Imperials and Chrysler 300 letter cars, went on to own three of them, and have never bought a lottery ticket in my life.

Last edited:
By the way guys I do have a build thread on here for the caddy project . I was told I could stay !
I'll be posting in it soon!

Never much cared for the front end of that model....looks to me like it's wondering about something lol

My Mom's brother would come to visit us driving his late '50s Caddy. He would let me drive it as I sat on his lap. I was too small to reach the pedals. That was my first experience with one.

My Dad bought a '63 and I always volunteered to wash it. I just admired the long body lines, fins and all the chrome. It was like riding on a cloud going down the road and as heavy as they were they really had the power.

Later in life, working on them in the garages, it would take all the hoist had to get them up in the air to do the service work. The local funeral home had a Caddy hearst that you had to run the front hoist post up a little, then the rear hoist post up some, then wait for the air compressor to catch up and repeat until you had it up high enough to work under it. That's a lot of steel in one vehicle.
First time my dad let me steer I was 5. The car was a 56 Belvedere Sports Coupe and well, I wasn't ready he said. Just held the wheel in one position and it started crossing the center stripe but after watching him more intently, I did much better and in about another year or so, I drove it behind wheel. Could barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way up and sitting on a pillow. I'm sure dad wasn't real comfortable with the seat up as he was 6' 2"....

Funny thing, Roadkill's Junkyard Gold is doing a Cadillac junk yard on Motor Trend right now.

Doing a all Mopar yard next!
Need to check my DVR to see if it's set up to catch that show....

1956 Cadillac Series 62, one of my favorite caddys
$_57 (1).jpg
$_57 (2).jpg
$_57.jpg

BD7CFFBC-82E2-412F-9437-55A5BC048C10.jpeg
I like em. If my shirt didn’t say NPR on it I’d wear it away from the house.

Auto Transport Service
Back