• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you Return your shopping cart ?

Always put it back as I have had damage done by lazy ******** who leave them in the lot.. Saw a video where a Woman left her cart out in the parking lot and the guy walks up and says “oh is this your cart” she said yes then he took it and put it right behind her car blocking her in…

Always......and usually call someone out if they don't..I do have a cart dent tho......

:lol:

1668924041076.png

I go grocery shopping every Saturday and park in the same spot 99% of the time. Between the cart return and a curb. My wife's Charger dosent get door dings and I have the cart return right next to the trunk. Helps to go at 7am every week.
If you do that here in Georgia you will find at least one cart between your car and the near-empty cart return.

Always, plus while walking into the store I try to assist anyone (elderly or mothers with children) by getting their cart and using it or putting it in the cart areas.

As for this picture by Pop, this always seems to happen right in the spot you need to get to in the store. Needing ketchup? That is where a group of ladies are talking or a parked cart is in the way.
ef8c1f2b3597801235965d798211a3d6615ee46a-jpg.jpg

These are the same people that slowly walk through the entry doors and stop for no reason. Bonus points for the people with kids and they all stop and block everyone from getting into the store.
I thought I’m the only one that notices that.

I return mine to the corral. If they're "full" because people can't be bothered to stack them together and just shove 'em in there willy-nilly, I'll do that as well. Goes from a full corral to half (or less) full, when you stack 'em up correctly.

I hate lane-blockers. Favorite for me these days is the maskaholics who are creeping through a store, family of six, all walking (shuffling) ABREAST and taking up the whole goddamned aisle. Then YOU get a dirty look when you try to go around them to get something off the shelf that you need. I've had store visits so bad I think to myself "I really shouldn't be carrying a gun today..." Actually had a discussion with Michelle last weekend about "maybe I should carry OPEN when I'm in a store - get people out of our goddamned WAY!".

Another peeve of mine when shopping - I drive on the right hand side of the road. I walk on the right hand side of the aisle, unless I need to grab something that's on the left side. Is that so hard? C'mon folks...we all drive on the same roads, let's try and use the same ideas inside, too, eh?

I try to do so always. But I will also admit the at times, the cart corral is way down at the opposite end from where I am parked. I will then put it say on one of the small islands where trees say or light poles are so as to not block the parking spaces. If none exist but there is a walking path, then I will leave it there. But honestly never in an open parking space or between 2 vehicles. That is just plain rude and socially unacceptable... cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Last edited:
Be careful with that...I know folks who need a blow-n-go breathalyzer on their computers to keep them from buying stupid ****....
Grocery shopping online.....and usually buy just enough of what I need each time to get it for no charge. Ain't gonna pay an extra 5 bucks just to get a case of beer and not have to go into the store for it lol

Grocery shopping online.....and usually buy just enough of what I need each time to get it for no charge. Ain't gonna pay an extra 5 bucks just to get a case of beer and not have to go into the store for it lol
No, not for ordering booze...for ordering random crap.

I was married for 6 years. Never allowed in my in-laws home. She was a hoarder - rumor is, there were pathways through the rooms. She'd buy stuff...get the box...see the label, figure out what it was by where it was from....and just stack it somewhere.

Didn't open it.

Didn't enjoy it.

Just...had it.

Things I wish I'd known before the wedding, lol

No, not for ordering booze...for ordering random crap.

I was married for 6 years. Never allowed in my in-laws home. She was a hoarder - rumor is, there were pathways through the rooms. She'd buy stuff...get the box...see the label, figure out what it was by where it was from....and just stack it somewhere.

Didn't open it.

Didn't enjoy it.

Just...had it.

Things I wish I'd known before the wedding, lol
My MIL was a hoarder too and did pretty much the same thing with the pathways. When she had to go into assisted living, she had a 3000 sq ft home that had enough stuff in it to fill up 3 same size homes. I took a weeks vacation just to 'help' clean the place out which my wife took on and I was helping of course. That's another story lol. Filled up my Dakota 3 times with just magazines and that was a 'heaping' load and not a level one. Drove really slow to the near by recycle dumpster so none of them would blow off. Had the truck sagging with each load and yeah, pretty much filled up that dumpster. She was also a 4 pack a day smoker/burner so you can imagine what the house looked like inside. Yup.....yellow walls that I thought were painted yellow until we started removing pictures.

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do.
To return the shopping cart is objectively right.
There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart.
Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart.
Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you, or kill you for not returning the shopping cart.
You also gain absolutely nothing by returning the shopping cart.
You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart.
You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.
Self-governance and liberty is not suited for such a person.
The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

As for me, I usually run my cart into the dirt or half way over a curb. I ain't no buggy boy.

Yup, takem back.
Yup, park far away.
Prime location is across the drive aisle from the furthest away cart return corral. Put stuff in trunk, walk across aisle and return.

People are allergic to walking outside.
I grew up farming with 1960's style dairy farming. In Wisconsin. Wisconsin is for the Nords.
It is not cold outside because it is -25F with 20mph winds on top of it, it's Wisconsin.
It is not hot outside because it is 98F with a dew point of 92, it's Wisconsin.
The rain feels nice. It means the crops will grow, or the snow will melt.
Snow is pretty. Kills the bugs, completely alters the landscape view for a few months, don't have to cut grass for a while.
When you have to take care of animals during the extremes, the average day is a nice day outside. Spoiled people that can't survive 35 seconds without AC should not live here.
Of course, those are the type that can't park more then ten feet from the door and leave the cart behind the car next to them when they leave.
ALDI uses the quarter trick. it works around here, because in small town WI everyone is a tightwad. Me too. I had a guy offer to take my cart for me at ALDI. No way Jose, that's my quarter.

Auto Transport Service
Back