• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you speak with an accent?

Being born in the middle of nowhere in Iowa, I speak pretty fluent corn-ball with a redneck accent......

:lol:

If I try to speak like a southerner, I find it calming especially when agitated working on my car or any of the endless projects I'm in the middle of such as "Weelll ya dumb **** Ron, whad ya'all think would happen"? It's either this or proceed to a series of acquired expletives I've added to my vocabulary over the decades. One of my favorites when I'm pissed off on something or requiring a band-aid is "muthafuckingshit!" Amazing how many I know have been innovative with the F-word - accent is frosting on da cake...lol

In general- OH, MI, and western PA as well as most of the Pacific West typically has far less of an accent that most other places.

At least from my experiences.

I'll add MD and VA as well.
North Western Pa here and I absolutely have an accent. People here in VT are always asking me where I grew up..

Auto Transport Service
Back