• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Breaks Bad News That Everything You're Experiencing Is Normal, You're Just 40

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
Sep 24, 2022
632e103fd6df3632e103fd6df4.jpg

OMAHA, NE — Local man John Falco received the tragic news today from his doctor that all the things happening to his body are completely normal, he's simply 40 years old now.

"Absolutely devastating," said Mr. Falco as his wife hugged him tearfully. "I can't believe everyone lives like this. I figured I had like, pneumonia, hepatitis and severe rheumatoid arthritis all at the same time. Turns out this is just getting old."

Mr. Falco initially made the appointment upon awakening to unimaginable soreness after having gone for a brisk walk the day before. "I got sore from walking. WALKING!" said a distraught Mr. Falco. "Then the next night, I ate a cheeseburger. I'm up HALF THE NIGHT with my chest burning so bad, I still believe the burger was soaked in battery acid. I'm wearing nose strips to breathe, I fell asleep on my kid's floor halfway through Goodnight Moon, this can't be normal!!"

Despite Mr. Falco's many protests, Dr. Brandon Willliams repeatedly assured that everything he was experiencing was, in fact, normal. "It's a real shocker to the young fellas," said Dr. Williams. "They come in ready for you to prescribe some miracle cure, and all I do is welcome them to this little thing called 'life'. Then, just to mess with them, I tell them they need a stat colonoscopy and pull out my old camcorder taped onto a broomstick. Ha! What a classic."

At publishing time, Mr. Falco had finally accepted his status as an old man and taken up pickle ball.

i became a hypochondriac at 64, all i had to do is read medical responses on the internet. I have that also ! oh that too, whats this pain over here its the same as the article !! quick where's the off button.......

At least John Falco had a doctor that told him this.

My Dr would find something new wrong with me every visit. I'd go for more test, more CT scans, mri, you name it. I finally asked him are all of these findings normal for someone my age? He said "well yes". I said I'm done with testing and coming back here every six months. See you in a year.
RadiantGlitteringBoto-max-1mb.gif

I don't put much into the numbers, but I do feel like I aged 10 years that year I went from 40-41. My arches went on me that year, and it was the beginning of the athritis in my hips.
Now I have 2 artificial hips and I'm staring at 60 coming up real fast.... if I make it. :steering:

40?
i was there once, but I can't remember when!
I remember being 20, when I thought people that were 40 were over the hill!

At 64 the best thing for me is to keep working/moving.
I just took 2 weeks of vacation time and I am all stoved up from not doing much.
It is going to take 2 or 3 days just to get back in gear again. Lmao.

Oh, you kids! Still wrenching at 75. That's right; I wrenched my back last week.

I don't put much into the numbers, but I do feel like I aged 10 years that year I went from 40-41. My arches went on me that year, and it was the beginning of the athritis in my hips.
Now I have 2 artificial hips and I'm staring at 60 coming up real fast.... if I make it. :steering:
"if I make it"
You will.
At 67, I've turned into a bowl of rice
crispies. Can't do anything until I snap,
crackle, and pop when I get up. No need
to start worrying until you feel like a bowl
of oatmeal.

Last edited:
I feel great. 36 years in construction, retiring soon and I am making it out standing up straight.
No daily medications, no chronic ailments, I still have my hair and all my fingers.

I feel great. 36 years in construction, retiring soon and I am making it out standing up straight.
No daily medications, no chronic ailments, I still have my hair and all my fingers.
Remember this moment and what you said! It started when I hit 63 and it adds a little every few months now.

"if I make it"
You will.
At 67, I've turned into a bowl of rice
crispies. Can't do anything until I snap,
crackle, and pop when I get up. No need
to start worrying until you feel like a bowl
of oatmeal.
My next door neighbour complained to me about all the loud SEX sounds coming from my house in the mornings. I had to explain to him that was just me putting my socks on.

Sep 24, 2022
View attachment 1348314

At publishing time, Mr. Falco had finally accepted his status as an old man and taken up pickle ball.
I still have absolutely NO idea WTF "pickleball" is! Seriously.

I still have to make a concerted effort to keep moving around, especially at work. If I don't get up at least every hour or so from my desk, I have a hell of a time just standing upright.

At 40, I could do a real, no-**** headstand. At 50, a handstand was pretty easy to do, still. At 60+, I can barely stand up without assistance.

Life took a brutal toll on my body overall, after age 56. I still have nearly all of teeth, no implants or dentures! Of course, they may all fall out one night after eating a bowl of vanilla pudding.

Last edited:
I still have absolutely NO idea WTF "pickleball" is! Seriously.

At 40, I could do a real, no-**** headstand. At 50, a handstand was pretty easy to do, still. At 60+, I can barely stand up without assistance.

Life took a brutal tool on my body overall, after age 56. I still have nearly all of teeth, no implants or dentures! Of course, they may all fall out one night after eating a plate of spaghetti.
How To Play Pickleball

We have six new pickleball courts in the new park in OKC. They were making a really big deal about it. I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago. It seems to be a craze, I guess.

63+ & going strong, knock on wood
after 48 years of doing
residential construction (sucks)/facility management/commercial
dealerships for 25 years,
doing anything from the front driveway to the back fence
& everything in between, you name it

It kept me in great shape/with all my digits :poke:
I've noticed a bit of decline, since 'fully' retiring July 2021
noting major, put on 10#s
But;
my body is all healed, no aches & pains

I know guys 20 years younger
that didn't do what I've done, that are in far worse shape/health

I started at 15 working for my dad, physical stuff, outside of yardwork etc.
doing decks & awnings, real grunt work, digging/chipping out in granite
& carpentry, sheet metal, skirting & awnings, painting or staining, welding etc.

IMO automotive work/racing is/was far
harder on my knees or back, than construction ever was,
too much laying on concrete
or bending over fenders

the pisser is needing glasses for detail **** or reading now
the rest is great for all the abuse I put myself thru

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022
View attachment 1348314

OMAHA, NE — Local man John Falco received the tragic news today from his doctor that all the things happening to his body are completely normal, he's simply 40 years old now.

"Absolutely devastating," said Mr. Falco as his wife hugged him tearfully. "I can't believe everyone lives like this. I figured I had like, pneumonia, hepatitis and severe rheumatoid arthritis all at the same time. Turns out this is just getting old."

Mr. Falco initially made the appointment upon awakening to unimaginable soreness after having gone for a brisk walk the day before. "I got sore from walking. WALKING!" said a distraught Mr. Falco. "Then the next night, I ate a cheeseburger. I'm up HALF THE NIGHT with my chest burning so bad, I still believe the burger was soaked in battery acid. I'm wearing nose strips to breathe, I fell asleep on my kid's floor halfway through Goodnight Moon, this can't be normal!!"

Despite Mr. Falco's many protests, Dr. Brandon Willliams repeatedly assured that everything he was experiencing was, in fact, normal. "It's a real shocker to the young fellas," said Dr. Williams. "They come in ready for you to prescribe some miracle cure, and all I do is welcome them to this little thing called 'life'. Then, just to mess with them, I tell them they need a stat colonoscopy and pull out my old camcorder taped onto a broomstick. Ha! What a classic."

Heh.......and he's not even got to the really good stuff.....yet......:rofl:

Forty - FORTY? What I'd give to feel like I did when I was that age; hell even 50.

I didn't even start going for a yearly checkup until I was 54 and only to stop my wife nagging me to death about it.

Well, at 63 I won’t say I’m killing it but when I meet others my age I feel good about where I’m at.

30 years car and truck shop repairs followed by the last 15 doing industrial flight engine and turbine overhaul and I can work with the kids here all day long (10 hours) and still hit the shop when I get home.

Cliff Ramsdell

My primary care doctor of 15 years retired when we both turned 65. She was an incredibly well preserved speciman, and told me I could consider myself the same. During that final exam she made the comment we were both young in spirit and had put in a good run, but medically speaking, we were now old. She told me to expect stuff to start coming out of the woodwork shortly. That was four years ago, and of course she was right. When I parked my truck for the last time earlier this month, I was still outworking guys 25 years younger, but it sure had gotten hard.

Auto Transport Service
Back