• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodge 318 260 Comp Cam Pushrod Question

ffuchsnorm

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
I just acquired a Dodge Polara with a 318 engine with a 260 competition cam in it. Going through the engine I pulled the push rods out and noticed that they do not have oil holes in them. I have two other 318 Dodge engines and both had push rods with holes. If there are no holes in the push rods how does the oil get to the top of the head. Is the hole coming through the hydralic lifters? This the first time that I have come in contact with push rods with no oil through holes. Need help??????:confused:

LA series 318 engines get oil to the heads through an oil passage in the block.The passage feeds oil to the rocker shaft through the widened hole in the rocker shaft stand.No need for drilled pushrods.You may have had aftermarket/universal,but correct length pushrods.Magnum series 318 engines use rocker stands,not shafts,they have hollow pushrods.They do get oil to the top through the passages in the lifters/pushrods.What year engines were your other 318's? Hope this helps!
RT

Auto Transport Service
Back