• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodge Charger 68 R/T Engine bay

I’m still working on my engine, almost done.
but I need some information about the location of the negative cable from battery and also for the negativ cable to firewall.
The cable to battery ist normally connected to the first intake screw, but I got an A/C car (A/C not mounted jet, will be added later) so where does it go? Is it on the picture correct?
I also attached a picture of the cable to firewall, maybe it’s wrong... maybe you guys know how to mount it correctly to the block. I couldn’t find an answer for that.

and some picture of the engine. If anything is wrong write it down.

The paint job is a little bit strange... my first engine builder had a different vision how to paint the engine. The engine will be painted next week like shown. Dismounted parts will be painted separately. Like water pump, etc
You have the wrong spring bracket, and the neg battery cable is mounted in the wrong spot.

Here's a pic of mine, which is correct.

IMG_20191212_200300.jpg

The neg battery cable goes below the bracket, on the same bolt.

The pic doesn't show it very clearly.

Thank you,

Now I know where the negativ battery cable is going!

I got an A/C car, so the bracket is already for one, I´m still looking for the compressor mount. Can I use the original intake screws with a compressor mount? My intake screws are not correct, so they will be switched. They should be longer.

The negativ cable from engine to firewall should be mounted on the left back intake screw, is this correct?

I´m also looking for this return line plus brackets (Shown on the picture) Has anybody an idea where to find them? All other A/C parts are available but I can´t find these parts.

IMG_20190803_084807377.jpg

I’m still working on my engine, almost done.
but I need some information about the location of the negative cable from battery and also for the negativ cable to firewall.
The cable to battery ist normally connected to the first intake screw, but I got an A/C car (A/C not mounted jet, will be added later) so where does it go? Is it on the picture correct?
I also attached a picture of the cable to firewall, maybe it’s wrong... maybe you guys know how to mount it correctly to the block. I couldn’t find an answer for that.

and some picture of the engine. If anything is wrong write it down.

The paint job is a little bit strange... my first engine builder had a different vision how to paint the engine. The engine will be painted next week like shown. Dismounted parts will be painted separately. Like water pump, etc

View attachment 878359 View attachment 878360 View attachment 878361 View attachment 878362 View attachment 878363 View attachment 878364 View attachment 878365 View attachment 878366 View attachment 878367

Here's the unrestored engine in my red car. You can see the negative cable is under the return spring bracket. The ground cable at the rear attaches to the head, not the valley pan bolt.

img_20190929_133409197_hdr-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back