• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodge Ram truck A/C

'68 Charger

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm in search for a '1986 to '90 Dodge Ram and I'd like to widen my search results by looking at trucks that doesn't have factory A/C because I want A/C and if a good truck comes along w/o AC I'd like to know if there are any aftermarket options to install A/C? I've done some online research but I couldn't find any solid information. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm in search for a '1986 to '90 Dodge Ram and I'd like to widen my search results by looking at trucks that doesn't have factory A/C because I want A/C and if a good truck comes along w/o AC I'd like to know if there are any aftermarket options to install A/C? I've done some online research but I couldn't find any solid information. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I’m sure you already know, the prices have risen quite a bit. I hope you find a nice one. Look south or west. I looked at quite a few before I bought my 93. I wanted an older one (this is the newest of 17 1st gens, owned) but it is really clean, no rust, a couple small dents and runs like a top. I had it setup for paint last August, but I didn’t have time to strip all the bolt on stuff off. The only thing I want taped off are the glass openings, tires and wheels.It has factory air that works great. Good luck and have fun.

Does it still have the R-12 set-up or was it converted over to R134a?
R-12, my Plymouth was converted but I didn’t want air in it. My wife won’t ride in it in the summer. I did heat shield the firewall and floor, made a big difference. Heck she has the air on at 70 in the Jeep, so there’s that. I shut the vents off on my side, otherwise my hands freeze on the wheel. I’m not a big fan of air conditioning in my vehicles anyway, I like the windows down. When it gets 110 or above here I’ll turn it on.

Auto Transport Service
Back