• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does the Glass hood have a cowl seal

Gary Gaz

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,
Got a bolt on 6 pack hood, but wanted to know did they have a cowl and upper rad support seal at all?
any benefits for or against
Thanks

I had one quite a while ago on my 68 GTX and there was no seals. I never tried to put them on or even thought about it.

I don't know if the reinforcement would be there to seal against? It wasn't in my 66 hood.
Mike

I don't know if the reinforcement would be there to seal against? It wasn't in my 66 hood.
Mike
Seems to be same ridge/reinforcemnet of the glass one

IMG_20230416_083534.jpg

IMG_20230416_083540.jpg

Factory 69 liftoff hoods had a seal from the aircleaner base "tub" to the bottom of the hood scoop.
Other than that, nothing. (At least, nuthin on mine).

What make is that ?? If its a VFN, measure all the hood latch holes versus a stock hood. My VFN has the holes so far off the hardware is unusable - had to go with pins. And VFN's response to the issue - adjust the grill support. Well you know that ain't possible !!!

Have you test fitted the hood? Do that first. As far as the seals go the core area should be hollow to allow a push fastener. So if you want them you could drill the holes. Did the factory 6 pack hoods have seals?????
That's the question I want to know . thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back