• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

A pallet knife painting I did of a wolf hybrid pup I had. Father was a big lanky grey shepherd looking dog that was 1/2 GSD and 1/2 wolf. Mother was 1/2 GSD, 1/2 Samoyed. Two pups were grey, the rest were all black with brown socks and such. All had thick coats.

A pallet knife is like a butter knife and the paint is moved around on the canvas giving it texture.

P1016730.JPG

Matt, sounds like a great dog, with a GREAT owner.So sorry for your loss.
Give it a bit of time to recover, and then rescue another.
The shepherd in my most recent post was always "my" dog, a little because of
his behavior problems, my girlfriend didn't like him much. She is now ashamed that she didn't understand him, and her attitude has completely flipped.
Frankly, he is the most affectionate of my brood, gonna be a better dog now that we understand him.
Going to the vet in a few days for evaluation.

Last edited:
I've taught all my dogs to hand signals. A wave over my head catches their eye and the command follows. A hand signal for "heal", allows one to get control of their dog without advertising the command. Very handy at a place like the dog park or around strangers. German Shepherds watch your every move, that will make life easier for everyone if the deafness is total.

Well, today will be the end of an era. Today my eldest pup K.C. Is crossing the “Rainbow Bridge”. He has had growing weakness in his hips and legs. He has a degenerative area of his spine below the rib cage. Then he took a nasty fall a day or two after Christmas getting out of the car at the park. He hurt his front shoulder and back. The vet gave us a couple meds for him…pain and nerve meds. The idea being that the drowsiness would keep him quiet so he could heal. Unfortunately, while his injuries seem to have healed, it allowed his rear end to get weaker.
He has slowly regressed to the point that it is virtually impossible to get up. He did get up yesterday around noon to go outside, but he was very weak and stumbly. He did a slow fall once. My wife assisted him to his feet so he could continue his business.
Last night he was in some discomfort. We got him comfortable and he had a peaceful night. He will not get better from this and we do not want him to suffer. Thankfully the meds seem to keep him in a good place pain wise.

I said that this will be the end of an era. I say that for countless reasons. Out of all the pups we have owned, and currently own…he was very special. He just had this joy to him that was infectious. He was that once in a lifetime dog. We have been blessed to have him.

Now, we have to part, and it hurts so bad. I should probably drink a gallon or two of water so that I don’t dehydrate from the tears.

Thankfully the vet is coming to the house. He will pass in his living room. Calm, comfortable, and at ease.

We love you K.C. !!! Run free and play with the gang !
View attachment 1404803
I'm so so sorry to hear that
K.C. can go play with my Barron, Flash, The Duke, & Lord Budnicks
he'll be in good company, chasing birds & fetching balls

RIP K.C.

Dog died go to heaven - they'll still talk about you.jpg

They don't say what happened to her ears. She's a sweetie pie.

Their terms are rather stiff if they want to get Caramel adopted. I'd like to think all these dogs are finding homes, but a vet assistant once told me very few make it out of the shelter alive.

They say one ear completely bitten off, don't say how, or by whom.

Bubba my old rescue/foster Pointer/lab mix
I still miss him, he got his forever home & runs freely
on a huge almond farm in Oakdale area now, he needed a place to run
& not be couped up & restrained as much
he helped me get over the loss of my beloved Lord Budnicks after 16 years
it took me more than 6 months to even look at getting another dog after I lost Buddy
I was truly heartbroken
I would keep them all if I could & had the room

Bubba 7-25-2015 #1.JPG

Last edited:
the day after I brought my new companion Elvis home
Bubba showing him the ropes
Bubba & Elvis 7-26-2015.JPG

really hard to see dark photo
them playing & wrestling in the front room
Elvis & Bubba 8-16-2015 10.5-weeks wrestling.JPG

my lil' man, is all grown up now 100#s + 7 y/o now
strange I was thinking about Bubba this morning
Elvis & Bubba 7-27-2015 8-weeks on deck (2).JPG

Elvis & Bubba 8-6-2015 9 weeks #1.JPG

Elvis & Bubba 8-6-2015 9 weeks #2.JPG

my lil' man is becoming an old man, is getting grey, how time flies
March 2022 snow & critters 005.JPG

Last edited:
My first Belgian at age 17. Her last year with me. Sweet doesn't even begin to describe her.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 7.52.53 AM.png

Anybody want a free trip from Clarkston Michigan to the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota?

I found a pup in Clarkston, but I can't fly or drive at the moment. The skiing is great right now at Terry Peak. Gambling in Deadwood right down the hill from the skiing. Rooms are $30 per night

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back