• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

We just lost 2 of our 3 dogs...32 days apart. Its been very difficult.
Sorry for your loss....and then there's this:
The other day we found a pup that needs help. He was a stray. Running the streets of downtown at only 7 months old.
I'm so glad you found him each other and are giving him a home!
I had mentioned that my wife found Laney as a roughly 4 month old puppy in the heart of "concrete, blacktop, and steel" New Orleans trying to cross Tulane Avenue by Claiborne Avenue. It was by St. Joseph's Church (patron Saint of Italy-which I have strong ancestral ties to). Here's that area:
Close up:
Screenshot_20230304_125630_Maps.jpg

..and farther away. The round, white roof w/the Mercedes logo is the Superdome!
Screenshot_20230304_125659_Maps.jpg

So no dog should be running the streets there, much less a little, black, 4 month old puppy! Tulane is 4 lanes (2 each way) of traffic and heavily traveled, so my wife may have picked Laney up just in time. "Tulane" and "Laney" are related. Her full name is "Black Girl Walking Down Tulane" so "Laney" for short.
they say things happen for a reason.
I haven't believed in "circumstances" being random since not long before I was saved, and that was a significant part of my testimony. I had reached the point where I KNEW I was being "placed" in situations, and that makes the message much easier to understand, or at least impossible (for me) to ignore and then that became attentiveness to what was really happening.
Anyway, the situation that my wife's path crossed Laney's that day was *her being called in to work on a Saturday (very rare at that time), and *the timing of when she left work, and *"she decided" at the last moment to take a short detour because of unusual traffic, a detour she never takes, *and then she sees a small, black puppy on a blacktop road trying to cross in heavy traffic!
Since I was working part time at Petco as a Dog Trainer, and I had just led the effort to get 4 of the 6 Lab mix rescue puppies we had gone back to a Mississippi camping area we had wound up in last minute when our reservation at the state park went sideways a few months before, (another "coincidence" that led to us keeping 2 of the 6 puppies, Tony and Bitty) my wife figured that I could get the puppy she had just brought to our house adopted out to a good home...
An hour with the puppy and I told her "Her name is 'Laney' and she's not going anywhere"!!
No coincidence my friends, but a Gift from God. Sometimes challenging, definitely character building, but always rewarding and worthwhile.
We had to say goodbye to Bitty, one of those 2 puppies that we kept from the 6 we had picked up at that Mississippi camp we "got a spot in" some 13 years ago, but her brother Tony is still with us, on the couch next to me as I write this post:
20230304_133235.jpg

...and Laney is still loving her life (and we love her) since that day some 12 odd years ago when my wife "just happened" to find her that day, and that little black puppy went from being a "street hound" to winning the dog lottery! Here's Laney today:
20230304_133153.jpg

Sorry for your loss....and then there's this:

I'm so glad you found him each other and are giving him a home!
I had mentioned that my wife found Laney as a roughly 4 month old puppy in the heart of "concrete, blacktop, and steel" New Orleans trying to cross Tulane Avenue by Claiborne Avenue. It was by St. Joseph's Church (patron Saint of Italy-which I have strong ancestral ties to). Here's that area:
Close up:
View attachment 1428110
..and farther away. The round, white roof w/the Mercedes logo is the Superdome!
View attachment 1428111
So no dog should be running the streets there, much less a little, black, 4 month old puppy! Tulane is 4 lanes (2 each way) of traffic and heavily traveled, so my wife may have picked Laney up just in time. "Tulane" and "Laney" are related. Her full name is "Black Girl Walking Down Tulane" so "Laney" for short.

I haven't believed in "circumstances" being random since not long before I was saved, and that was a significant part of my testimony. I had reached the point where I KNEW I was being "placed" in situations, and that makes the message much easier to understand, or at least impossible (for me) to ignore and then that became attentiveness to what was really happening.
Anyway, the situation that my wife's path crossed Laney's that day was *her being called in to work on a Saturday (very rare at that time), and *the timing of when she left work, and *"she decided" at the last moment to take a short detour because of unusual traffic, a detour she never takes, *and then she sees a small, black puppy on a blacktop road trying to cross in heavy traffic!
Since I was working part time at Petco as a Dog Trainer, and I had just led the effort to get 4 of the 6 Lab mix rescue puppies we had gone back to a Mississippi camping area we had wound up in last minute when our reservation at the state park went sideways a few months before, (another "coincidence" that led to us keeping 2 of the 6 puppies, Tony and Bitty) my wife figured that I could get the puppy she had just brought to our house adopted out to a good home...
An hour with the puppy and I told her "Her name is 'Laney' and she's not going anywhere"!!
No coincidence my friends, but a Gift from God. Sometimes challenging, definitely character building, but always rewarding and worthwhile.
We had to say goodbye to Bitty, one of those 2 puppies that we kept from the 6 we had picked up at that Mississippi camp we "got a spot in" some 13 years ago, but her brother Tony is still with us, on the couch next to me as I write this post:
View attachment 1428144
...and Laney is still loving her life (and we love her) since that day some 12 odd years ago when my wife "just happened" to find her that day, and that little black puppy went from being a "street hound" to winning the dog lottery! Here's Laney today:
View attachment 1428145
Graybeards, joining the typical gray beards here, LOL.

Back in Nov 2022 before we got the craploads of rain & snow now for 120+ days
Elvis with demon eyes
Elvis 11-18-2022 002.JPG

Piss on snow, my sentiments exactly
barely see Elvis hiking his leg, he was young & still learning
just under a year old/11 months snow in June (he's 7+ now)
This was a few years back, it's far worse this year, several feet
a big yellow snow patch
Sonora snow Elvis peeing.JPG

Piss on snow, my sentiments exactly
barely see Elvis hiking his leg
Snow? I've heard "rumors" of such a thing...
3 of my dogs in South Louisiana, after a very rare snowfall, absolutely confounded by this white precipitation. It doesn't smell like much either!!
Screenshot_20230306_143309_Photos.jpg

They must have been listening to Frank Zappa. "Don't go where the Huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow".

There was a rumor that the big california storm would bring snow here in the Arizona valley, I was hoping for some. The dogs would have been a riot.
We did get some in Oatman, about 15 miles away, but none here. Oatman is about 2000ft higher.

I'm so glad I was able to find this older picture. We lived in Metairie, just West of the "Lakeshore" area of the New Orleans city/parish (county) line.
It snowed pretty good, and I happened to have some time available to take Cocoa, our only Lab at the time (that was a very brief window) to New Orleans City Park. I let her go exploring, no one was out there. When we got back home, I wanted a few more pix before we went in, and I was catching her from different angles, and scenes, with the "antlers" on.
So the last pic was the BEST! It was like she was thinking "Enough of the cold and snow and fake antlers, I'm ready for a warm house!" So she stuck out her tongue at me and I happened to catch it in the picture!
Screenshot_20230306_195040_Gmail.jpg

RIP Cocoa, you are LOVED still!

Zeke[ shepard] and Toga[ cattle dog] doing their cow imitation earlier grazing on new grass.

IMG_3286.jpeg

Does anyone here use a Halo GPS collar? Im thinking Thor needs one so he can use the 5 acres behind the barn while I am outside.

Does anyone here use a Halo GPS collar? Im thinking Thor needs one so he can use the 5 acres behind the barn while I am outside.
I don't but I've seen them.
That has and will save some dog parents indescribable grief.
A real blessing!

My 2nd personal lab "The Duke" his son "Dan the man"
diving into my pool in Turtle Creek, Concord House
my dog Duke would dive down to the bottom to retrieve tennis balls
upto about 6' he'd run & jump off the diving board too
I wish I was more of a camera person back then

shitty digital photo of a Polariod
Budnicks Dog Dan.JPG

I know shitty photos, but still mean something to me
The Duke
Budnicks Dog Duke.JPG

The Duke & Dan the Man