• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

LabraDoodles/GoldenDoodles
I've never had one, but EVERY one I've met has been a beautiful, smart, friendly dog.

I'm into my 3rd day of EIGHT WEEKS of physical therapy and rehab for my youngest, smallest (55 pounds) Lab mix rescue. Tuesday she had surgery to repair a torn ACL and meniscus. Thursday I picked her up. To keep the time of home kennel confinement and Elizabethan collar wearing to a minimum, I have put her in the bed with me, collar and leash on, leash around my arm, for the little bit of sleep I get, and on the outside chance she tries to get up and out of the bed, there's no possible way that's happening.
As much as possible, when we are up and about, I am on the couch with her for the same reasons, to keep her confinement and discomfort to a minimum.
The place I took her for the surgery does only surgery and physical therapy, no other veterinarian services. We are going to bring her for physical therapy, the best package of therapies they offer for her kind of recovery. Hyperbaric treatments, laser therapy, water treadmill after the staples come out in 2 weeks, massage, electrical muscle stim, and other types of active therapy. Between the surgery $3,400 and the PT package, $1,400 we are investing $4,800 in getting her well.
That's almost enough to pay for my BME aluminum block.
I would not trade her health and wellbeing for anything, and that is just one example of how much our dogs mean to us.
LOYALTY, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. THAT is what our dogs bring to the relationship, and much more.

Love labs. biomedtechguy Wish you and your pup the best and a speedy recovery.

Love labs. biomedtechguy Wish you and your pup the best and a speedy recovery.
Thanks. I need some emotional support.
That and a few hours sleep...
She's doing ok. I'll be glad when she starts putting a little more weight on her leg.
My worst fear, that somehow she didn't recognize me or my wife, were set aside late the night I got her home or certainly by the next morning.
I have a little better understanding of what Alzheimers must be like to those family members who have a loved one with it.
It was terrifying to think that this little dog who we love so much, and she shows her feelings by doing so many little things so often, that somehow we had lost that.
It was a combination of post OP anesthesia and/or the amount and kinds of meds she was on.
All good now, I'm glad I have a job that allows me to spend a lot of time with her right now.

Thanks. I need some emotional support.
That and a few hours sleep...
She's doing ok. I'll be glad when she starts putting a little more weight on her leg.
My worst fear, that somehow she didn't recognize me or my wife, were set aside late the night I got her home or certainly by the next morning.
I have a little better understanding of what Alzheimers must be like to those family members who have a loved one with it.
It was terrifying to think that this little dog who we love so much, and she shows her feelings by doing so many little things so often, that somehow we had lost that.
It was a combination of post OP anesthesia and/or the amount and kinds of meds she was on.
All good now, I'm glad I have a job that allows me to spend a lot of time with her right now.
I hope for Laney to do a full & speedy recovery :thumbsup::thumbsup:

dog-fart.jpg

First day of physical therapy for Laney was today, other than range of motion exercises we have been doing a little of...
HYPERBARIC TREATMENT and I didn't know what to expect...
HYPERBARIC TREATMENT had an amazing, outstanding effect after the very first treatment! Roughly one hour in the pressurized, 100% oxygen enclosure, and I went back to pick her up and WOW! Peppy, and walking much better, including using her leg she had surgery on.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! She'll be back again tomorrow and Wednesday for at least 2 more hyperbaric treatments.
I'm encouraged.

Today, my boy Niko celebrated his 11th birthday! A big milestone for us considering he is a very large dog which tend to age faster than small dogs and that I almost lost him 3 years ago to a bad case of pneumonia. He's doing well although he doesn't always tolerate his two younger 4 legged siblings and scolds them frequently. I couldn't ask for a better dog with my grand kids and companion for me and my wife

Niko at Camp.jpg

Today, my boy Niko celebrated his 11th birthday! A big milestone for us considering he is a very large dog which tend to age faster than small dogs and that I almost lost him 3 years ago to a bad case of pneumonia. He's doing well although he doesn't always tolerate his two younger 4 legged siblings and scolds them frequently. I couldn't ask for a better dog with my grand kids and companion for me and my wife

View attachment 910277
A belated Happy Birthday to Niko
Happy Birthday Dog bulldog puppies.jpg

I had the Surgery Center that did the ACL and meniscus repair for Laney board her for a few days this week while I was working out of state. Since we are almost to the 6 weeks post-op point of the 8 weeks she is on "restricted activity" I could be sure that she got her physical therapy AND I didn't have to worry about her reinjuring herself while I was away.
After almost 6 weeks of her either at my side, with me making sure she didn't hurt herself by jumping up/down or running after "anything", and only 2 weeks to go, there's LOTS of reasons to keep the progress going, one being I can't go through another 8 weeks of sleep deprivation, since I keep her in the bed w/me versus having to keep her alone in her crate.
Hey! It's not ALL bad, because there's lots of this: (on the couch, watching TV)
20200321_191609.jpg

Gabby at 4-1/2 months. A close relative just came in 2nd at Westminster overall.

169CF362-6C78-444B-9141-D37DED960240.jpeg 86544FEE-5B77-42C2-AF6A-9C7580910709.jpeg

b2bf75a683e4b7d640c28f7c1b495cc55583da70.jpg

You will be spending more time with your dogs ,don't inadvertently hurt them by sharing food that is harmful to them.

Interesting that they can eat cooked spuds, but not the skins, I wonder why?
Agreed. This is news to me. My girlfriends dog won't eat her potato skins (margarine) but loves mine (real butter). I guess not anymore!
Edit I would guess it has something to do with pesticides on the skins?

I took the Newfoundlands out to the ranch yesterday while I shoveled snow off my mom's driveway. It drifted up to three feet in some places. Newfoundlands and snow are a magical combination. They are never happier driving into snowbanks and rolling in them.

Auto Transport Service
Back