• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

took the boy for a ride yesterday

View attachment 1108082
That picture brings back a scary memory. I like to work late in the garage, I was working one night and turned around to get a tool and caught something out of the corner of my eye.. looked up and about **** my pants! Up on my mezzanine was a huge black dog that looked just like yours staring down at me.. pretty frightening! It being an 8' drop I didn't figure she would jump so I started talking to her to get a feel and she just started wagging her *** (no tail).. seemed very friendly so I walked around back where she had walked across the bridge and coaxed her out. She hung out in the garage the rest of the night with me and my dog, great dog, I would have taken her in without any hesitation if she was a stray. Can't remember her breed, had the same head but was pretty big, taller than my 113lbs lab.

A man and his dog were walking along a road...
The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.

He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble.

At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out,

“Excuse me, where are we?” “This is Heaven, sir,” the man answered. “Wow! Would you happen to have some water? the man asked.

“Of course, sir. Come right in, and I’ll have some ice water brought right up.”

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

“Can my friend,” gesturing toward his dog, “come in, too?” the traveler asked.

“I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t accept pets.”

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

“Excuse me!” he called to the man. “Do you have any water?”

“Yeah, sure, there’s a pump over there, come on in.”

“How about my friend here?” The traveler gestured to the dog.

“There should be a bowl by the pump,” said the man. They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

“What do you call this place?” the traveler asked. “This is Heaven,” he answered. “Well, that’s confusing,” the traveler said. “The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.’”

“Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That’s Hell.”

“Doesn’t it make you mad for them to use your name like that?

“No, we’re just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.”

A man and his dog were walking along a road...
The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.

He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble.

At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out,

“Excuse me, where are we?” “This is Heaven, sir,” the man answered. “Wow! Would you happen to have some water? the man asked.

“Of course, sir. Come right in, and I’ll have some ice water brought right up.”

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

“Can my friend,” gesturing toward his dog, “come in, too?” the traveler asked.

“I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t accept pets.”

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

“Excuse me!” he called to the man. “Do you have any water?”

“Yeah, sure, there’s a pump over there, come on in.”

“How about my friend here?” The traveler gestured to the dog.

“There should be a bowl by the pump,” said the man. They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

“What do you call this place?” the traveler asked. “This is Heaven,” he answered. “Well, that’s confusing,” the traveler said. “The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.’”

“Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That’s Hell.”

“Doesn’t it make you mad for them to use your name like that?

“No, we’re just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.”
I've never heard that one. Thanks, how profound!

That picture brings back a scary memory. I like to work late in the garage, I was working one night and turned around to get a tool and caught something out of the corner of my eye.. looked up and about **** my pants! Up on my mezzanine was a huge black dog that looked just like yours staring down at me.. pretty frightening! It being an 8' drop I didn't figure she would jump so I started talking to her to get a feel and she just started wagging her *** (no tail).. seemed very friendly so I walked around back where she had walked across the bridge and coaxed her out. She hung out in the garage the rest of the night with me and my dog, great dog, I would have taken her in without any hesitation if she was a stray. Can't remember her breed, had the same head but was pretty big, taller than my 113lbs lab.

Rebel's big waggy butt always gives him away (4 inch nub lol)..... I've never seen a happier dog

This is Radar. We just adopted him Monday. (After a scary try with another "boxer mix".)
He is a Boxer around 3 years old. Very friendly and nosey.
Lots of energy and needs to learn some manners though.

IMG_20210612_090347976.jpg

My next door neighbor, where I used to live, had a boxer that was a great dog, but he needed WAY more attention (time interacting with anyone) and exercise. Unfortunately that happens with more dogs than it should.
Anyway, he "boxed" me right in the sack one day, partly because he was so excited, but I'm told that's where the name comes from (although I'm sure the target must vary).
From that time forward, I made sure to bend over and reach forward to pet him...

This is Radar. We just adopted him Monday. (After a scary try with another "boxer mix".)
He is a Boxer around 3 years old. Very friendly and nosey.
Lots of energy and needs to learn some manners though.

View attachment 1122940
good looking Radar/Boxer

"Strider" is that the commonly known name for "Aragorn, son of Arathorn"?
:)
You got it!
We didn't like the name Radar, not easy to say and didn't really fit him. We tried to think of something that sounds close.
He has really long legs, and even our vet said he stands like a king.
You must be a LOTR fan.

You must be a LOTR fan.
While I was grateful and excited about the movie series, and I'd say it was a job well done, my LOTR saga began in high school, when "The Hobbit" was a reading assignment. I was so impressed and engaged by that book, that I got "The Trilogy" by Tolkien and couldn't stop reading it. Those three books that The Hobbit prefaced kept me so interested that I remember finishing the 2nd book and immediately opened the 3rd to read on...
I got "The Silmarillion" in hard cover, but I guess my teenage life took a turn, because although I started reading it, I lost interest...and didn't read half of it.
Maybe I got into cars around that time...:)

While I was grateful and excited about the movie series, and I'd say it was a job well done, my LOTR saga began in high school, when "The Hobbit" was a reading assignment. I was so impressed and engaged by that book, that I got "The Trilogy" by Tolkien and couldn't stop reading it. Those three books that The Hobbit prefaced kept me so interested that I remember finishing the 2nd book and immediately opened the 3rd to read on...
I got "The Silmarillion" in hard cover, but I guess my teenage life took a turn, because although I started reading it, I lost interest...and didn't read half of it.
Maybe I got into cars around that time...:)
Cars will do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back