• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

My daughters dog at my houses swimming
IMAG0517.jpg

After seventeen years of unconditional love, I did what I had to do. I put my best friend down today. Mimi was 17 and blind and with all the seizure she's been having her quality of life was not there and with tears in my eyes we said goodbye. It broke my wife's heart and that hurt me even more, she doesn't deserve all this, but, who does. To make things worse, my son helped pick her out, now they're both gone. Till we all meet again!!!
View attachment 1164912
Thank you for sharing that. "Condolences" never sounds like enough....nobody should have to endure such.
I'm very sorry for your losses and yes, I pray everyone sees their loved ones again one day.
Heck, I'm banking on it at this point in life.

After seventeen years of unconditional love, I did what I had to do. I put my best friend down today. Mimi was 17 and blind and with all the seizure she's been having her quality of life was not there and with tears in my eyes we said goodbye. It broke my wife's heart and that hurt me even more, she doesn't deserve all this, but, who does. To make things worse, my son helped pick her out, now they're both gone. Till we all meet again!!!
View attachment 1164912
Thoughts are with you guys. They really take ahold of our hearts! Take care!

Thank you for sharing that. "Condolences" never sounds like enough....nobody should have to endure such.
I'm very sorry for your losses and yes, I pray everyone sees their loved ones again one day.
Heck, I'm banking on it at this point in life.
I take no responsibility for bawling as you read this.

I've lost enough pets over the years - most recently my 18 year old pug, Kelsey - to know that this HAS to be real.

You NEED to expand this and read it. Truly a beautiful piece of writing, and a lovely sentiment.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I've lost enough pets over the years - most recently my 18 year old pug, Kelsey - to know that this HAS to be real.

You NEED to expand this and read it. Truly a beautiful piece of writing, and a lovely sentiment.

I'm required to lead, so to speak and only a few things bring me to my knees with tears in my eyes, this just did. Thank you for sharing and not that it matters to you or should, I see you now through different eyes.

I'm required to lead, so to speak and only a few things bring me to my knees with tears in my eyes, this just did. Thank you for sharing and not that it matters to you or should, I see you now through different eyes.
That does matter - it always does. Thank you.

Wonderful indeed - thank you for sharing this.
Again, I am absolutely banking (meaning: all in) on such things being the case in the next life.
I've had plenty "2-minute warnings" in the last several years to know I'm going to find out for sure soon,
so such beliefs and thoughts keep me up!

View attachment 1164912
Ulli my friend I wish I can do better than this message, I know how much she ment to your wife and you, my deepest condolences, she was not a dog she was your family and a deeply love member, she is now with your son young again believe that both are waiting patiently for you, this is a sad news to me and you know why.

images (3).jpeg images (4).jpeg

Leon,
It's been very hard on us and as far as another dog, I'm done...... Thank to all of you for all the kind words..... Ulli.

I really miss my dog, woke up the last two days and things are just not the same.....

Wow , know it’s tough but you may need to get another pet, not for a replacement but for a companion. Hope things get better for you as time goes by.

Everyone is different of course, but I can't even count how many times I've said "never again" as well...

My Pop (RIP) said more than once "you don't pick the dog....the dog picks YOU".
Turns out, he was right, at least in my case. "Rescues" just seem to find their way up the ridge here.
Sasha is the last of a long line of them. I don't expect any more once she's passed, but I'll not say
"never" anymore. Been proved wrong a few times already. :)

We all said Ed, the only sin of a dog Is the short life span, they have yes they leave a hole in our souls when they are gone, but I think that when my girl dog have to go i would not deny my house and my heart to another dog, 0,there are a lot dogs that need an owner that humans needing a dog I rescue puppy's from the road, never regret of that, my wife understand now, that rescue dogs is something I need to do, dogs bring a light into your life and life to your house, I believe this is why is never going the be the same without a dog, give yourself the chance to heal and to cry the lost of your dog and am sorry to say this again Ulli, I know you are deeply hurt most of us you included need a dog in your life.

Last edited:
It had been almost 13 years after our first dog died that my daughter made my wife go look at this dog the woman down the road was fostering along with 4 others for the local shelter. She was found on the streets of a very nasty part of town, beat up and abused. She was almost blind from bug infected eyes, intestinal parasites and fleas everywhere. They fixed her up with no guarantees she'd live long or healthy. My wife went in and sat down, Mimi walked over and jumped in her lap and just laid there. They checked each other out and my wife and daughter went home. They told my son and I all about it and we were made to go with them the next day to check it out with them again. Wife walked in and sat down and Mimi once again walked over and jumped in her lap. That was it, my son said get in the car, jokingly and she came home with us and from that day till the day she pasted, she ran the whole house. My problem is, I'm geared to look at life many years in the future, which can make living life in the present harder than it should be. Life with Mimi was a great life, but a life built around her. No one could watch her after she went blind, about three years ago, so just up and going was almost impossible for us. I think at this point in our life's we need to get out and not have to come back for weeks if we so choose. We have spent our whole life's doing for others, I think it's time for us.
IMG_1720.jpg
081 (2).JPG

kkkkk.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpg
IMG_3779.jpg

I posted this before.... our beloved rottie, Raven passed away a little over 4 years ago, she was almost 11. We were heartbroken.

after 2 weeks of an empty house we decided we couldn't take it anymore and the next day we brought home a puppy.......

now we say, "Raven gave us Rebel" ...... Raven was a very happy dog, and would not want us to be unhappy, Rebel has exceeded our expectations, and has made everything ok.

Raven Rebel.jpg

Raven.jpg

rebelgtx.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back