• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

My Newfoundlands don't bark hardly at all but they make these noises. If they are lying down there are lots of grunts and growls in the process. At 165 pounds getting to the ground comes in stages as different parts hit the ground. Stretching is the same. Very noisy. The other thing is water. If the water bowl is large enough they want to stand in it. If I take a bath the Newfs come and try to join me, wherever in the house they may be.

The big male, Diesel, enjoyed watching the Polar Bear movie because they made all the same noises.

Last edited:

RIP Titan, you are missed
Dog go to heaven they'll still talk about you.jpg

I was a weird kid, now just weird.
I watched, Highway Patrol, Perry Mason, Queen for a Day, and Jack Lalain.
I think I liked Queen for a Day as the gals got free stuff if they won.
Jack Lalain was all about his two white Shepherds seen at the intro and end of his show. I can remember my excitement upon their entrance.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 7.44.56 AM.png

I love all dogs. You all have my deepest regards for caring for them.

My wife and I have rescued 10 Siberian Huskies over the last 30+ years, from various shelters, pounds, and bad situations. They've all had issues to work out....some easier than others. I've loved them all, and as a general rule....they live to be 16-19. These are my fuzzy-kids, and a very large and important part of our lives. We're down to 2 of them, and I think we're aging-out of the process. My wife and I need to spend time together, without the worries of their care. We've never had a vacation together, Just 2-3 weekend anniversary trips. I don't think it's fair to my wife, as she loves them...but it's me who started this process.
My wife got to go on vacation a few times....while I stayed at home and cared for the 'rodents'. It was a vacation for me too because I got to do as I pleased in a house without all the turmoil lol.

Thanks guys. Titan was a great dog. He will be missed by the whole family
Sorry for your loss, Scott. Looks like I'll be putting down one of my prairie dogs later today. Have a vet appointment a 3 and don't expect good news.....it's never easy....

Sorry to hear you're expecting bad news, Cranky. Best wishes for a good verdict.
I must admit, I have the best of the doggie world. My girlfriend feeds and cleans up after ours, my job is to play with them five times a day, and cover vet bills. I'll take that bargain.

Thanks for that Sam. Got one new puppy now, and another coming in a day or two. Good to know, I had no idea.

I knew that about horses. I didn't ride mine until she was 4 years old. I worked and trained her and put little kids on her back, but never rode her myself. When I did, she was more mature and did not resist a bit.

My wife got to go on vacation a few times....while I stayed at home and cared for the 'rodents'. It was a vacation for me too because I got to do as I pleased in a house without all the turmoil lol.

Sorry for your loss, Scott. Looks like I'll be putting down one of my prairie dogs later today. Have a vet appointment a 3 and don't expect good news.....it's never easy....
Cranky
I sorry to hear about your prairie dog, it never gets any easier. The joy our pets bring us can never be measured!

Looks like I'll be putting down one of my prairie dogs later today. Have a vet appointment a 3 and don't expect good news.....it's never easy....
It sucks, so, so sorry to hear that...

Hope for the best & prepare for the worst &
it never gets any easier either, our fur babies are family...

Mia loves chasing the snow flakes this morning View attachment 1282519
looks like you got the snow that came thru here yesterday
moving northeast, mostly snowed at higher elevations,
we go a lil' dusting & gone by 10:00am this morning

Elvis loves snow :eek:, I don't know why ? :D

looks like you got the snow that came thru here yesterday
moving northeast, mostly snowed at higher elevations,
we go a lil' dusting & gone by 10:00am this morning

Elvis loves snow :eek:, I don't know why ? :D
Warming up next week yes!!!

sorry
not meant to hi-jack the Dogs thread
dad petting Elvis
March 2022 snow & critters 014.JPG

Elvis 5 years old on deck.JPG

nevermind date stamp it's wrong
Sonora snow Elvis peeing.JPG

Warming up next week yes!!!
I hope so...

supposed to be a lil' warmer anyway

cold today too, smells like ICE outside, probably snow upcountry
it's moving due east from here

I'm so done with this ****

I know we need it, but;
something no one wants

I'd much rather have it hot/sunny & run the A/C all damn day
& nights cool off, open the house up

Last edited:
I hope so...

supposed to be a lil' warmer anyway

cold today too, smells like ICE outside, probably snow upcountry
it's moving due east from here

I'm so done with this ****

I know we need it, but;
something no one wants

I'd much rather have it hot/sunny & run the A/C all damn day
& nights cool off, open the house up
I look at the sawtooth mountains and see fresh powder and smile, we need it.

Auto Transport Service
Back