• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

P1015840 2.jpeg

Alfie_01.jpeg

Here's a guy that came into the shelter when I was there to pick up the little boxer. Some doughey 30-ish guy came in with his 11-ish yr old daughter and the dog, Alfie. Strangely enough, the shelter also has a picture of Alfie as a puppy -

Alfie_02.jpeg

How could the shelter have a picture of him as a puppy? It looks like there's another one like him in the background. I think the shelter initially took them in as a litter, then the father/daughter came in later and picked him out for her birthday or something. But, this is a German Shepherd, and a few months later he is a big rambunctious boy. He's about the same size as the girl and she can't handle him anymore, and doesn't want him anymore. The soft daddy at least makes her go to the animal shelter to turn him over, thinking she'll have a heart and change her mind, but she doesn't. She isn't bothered at all. Thus, he's taught her that family can be thrown away, sealing his fate in thirty or forty years when he's going to die abandoned and alone in a nursing home.

I wish I had room for this guy. He's a stunning dog in person. I would have adopted him on the spot but I was on a mission to get the boxer. That little boxer is the luckiest dog alive. I just went back through the dogs at the animal shelter, and all my alternate picks are gone. I don't think they got adopted.

View attachment 1376418

Here's a guy that came into the shelter when I was there to pick up the little boxer. Some doughey 30-ish guy came in with his 11-ish yr old daughter and the dog, Alfie. Strangely enough, the shelter also has a picture of Alfie as a puppy -

View attachment 1376419

How could the shelter have a picture of him as a puppy? It looks like there's another one like him in the background. I think the shelter initially took them in as a litter, then the father/daughter came in later and picked him out for her birthday or something. But, this is a German Shepherd, and a few months later he is a big rambunctious boy. He's about the same size as the girl and she can't handle him anymore, and doesn't want him anymore. The soft daddy at least makes her go to the animal shelter to turn him over, thinking she'll have a heart and change her mind, but she doesn't. She isn't bothered at all. Thus, he's taught her that family can be thrown away, sealing his fate in thirty or forty years when he's going to die abandoned and alone in a nursing home.

I wish I had room for this guy. He's a stunning dog in person. I would have adopted him on the spot but I was on a mission to get the boxer. That little boxer is the luckiest dog alive. I just went back through the dogs at the animal shelter, and all my alternate picks are gone. I don't think they got adopted.
Pox on the on the owner! My father and grandfather always said, ( look to see how someone treats their pets, livestock and you will know their true character) in our life it is quite accurate.

Pox on the on the owner! My father and grandfather always said, ( look to see how someone treats their pets, livestock and you will know their true character) in our life it is quite accurate.

Some say the punishment for sin is built into the universe - those nursing homes were a nightmare when the "Greatest Generation" were going in. By the time the millenials go in, the nursing home will be like a federal penitentiary. Don't drop the soap grandpa! I've heard that it's already like that.

On a brighter note, here's the good boy I picked up first -

Mister_Pickles_001.jpeg

His first owner named him "Mister Pickles," but the website showed him with a heartworm test for "Mister Pickles" and one for "Hunter." A year ago I lost a pit bull named "Hunter." He came as a stray with a terrible case of heartworms. After a grand of heartworm treatment, he died anyway. This guy doesn't look like the pit bull from the front, but when I got him I discovered he does look like the pit bull from the back. So now he has two names. Or three, because the shelter named him "James Pond" before they found out he was "Mister Pickles."

He looks goofy in this picture but he's actually pretty serious and very, very energetic. I had to stop writing this post to play "Hunter Bitin'" with him for a few minutes. If you think that's funny, wait till you see what's on his laptop.

The people at the shelter said "Ted" the boxer was Hunter's best buddy, and they'd never been apart, but when I brought Ted home they stared daggers at each other and had a fight. I thought I'd made a mistake and would have to take Ted back or put him down (same thing in the end), but their aggression was largely cured by the heavy right hand.

It turns out they both play better with Precious Catahoula -

01.jpeg

This oddly proportioned little dog is more impressive than she has any right to be. Then again, she leans more towards the Catahoula side than Hunter; and my full-blooded Catahoula almost never screws up. Now that I think about it, Precious Catahoula might not screw up either if she wasn't running with Hunter and Ted. She is a little gem of a dog.

When I picked her up from the shelter, she was surprisingly round; unlike her long and skinny brother and daddy. She looked like she was pregnant, although she'd been neutered. When I got up the next day, she was long and skinny like the others; and I found the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen in my life. It was enough for five big dogs. It goes to show how stressful the shelter life is for the dogs. There was nothing wrong with her, she was just too stressed out to poop in the shelter.

For @biomedtechguy Steve & his loss
of a great lady lab

RIP girl
from another member's tribute to his dog

thought it was appropriate

Dog died Prayer I'll be Waiting at the door in Heaven.jpg

For @biomedtechguy Steve & his loss
of a great lady lab

RIP girl
from another member's tribute to his dog

thought it was appropriate

View attachment 1376695
Thanks bud! Yes, great heartfelt poem, the author really knows what it's all about.
Dog Butt wiggles Money buy stuff but doesn't wiggle it's tail when you come in.jpg

This is timely too, because I've noticed Leeloo, one of the 2 Lab puppies (14 month old BIG puppies LOL) she gets excited and wags her tail funny, and it gives her "wiggle butt" so I've added that to the nicknames I use for her, and it's a "force multiplier" I call her wiggle butt, the tail wags more, the butt wiggles more...lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back