• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Just Lost My lab Bailey suddenly. It's not fair, too short a time with a Angel. I was lucky enough and honored she choice my family.
So sorry to hear that...
some of my worst days were, losing a fur baby

RIP Bailey, you are missed

Dog go to heaven they'll still talk about you.jpg

Just Lost My lab Bailey suddenly. It's not fair, too short a time with a Angel. I was lucky enough and honored she choice my family.
I’m sure you’ve read. A dog is the only thing in the world, that loves you more than it loves itself. It’s proven all the time. Sorry for your loss of a family member.

I got Breeder shamed at the Dog Park yesterday.
I go to the dog park a few times a week. I don't walk as much as I did before I lost my boy. I now go to the park to pet furry heads and walk.
I saw one of my Vet's assistants. "Did you get a new dog?" she asked. No... I'm waiting to hear from a breeder if her dog will have pups this year. She breeds a dog every two years or so.
The assistant said I should only get a rescue, not a pup. I said I wish I could, but we live in the boonies and consider the two rescues of my favorite breed I found in the past to have been flukes. My dog is my only extravagance. I eat plain foods, I drive plain cars, and wear plain clothes, but I spoil myself with my dogs and they are beautiful.
There is no (that I can find) clearinghouse of available rescues nationwide. My first rescue was wonderful, though she came with issues, but in the end she was wonderful and even saved my Dad's life, spiritually and physically.
If anyone sees on of these, I would like to know. I haven't heard from the breeder, so I don't think there is a pup in my future. They are Belgian Sheepdog, often mistakenly classed by pounds as a black Shepherd cross. The breed is fairly rare, so shelters are unfamiliar with their looks. Transportation is just a problem to be solved, first I have to find a dog, then figure out how to get it home. First photo is a 10 month pup, second is mature, grown anyways.
View attachment 1286041

View attachment 1286065
Hey... tell them to fu...um, pi..., uh, er...bugger off! Its your dog and you know what you want. When its their dog, they feed it, take care of it, love it and pay for it all, THEN they have a say. There is nothing wrong at all with purebred dogs and wanting one as a puppy. Ive had mutts, rescued mutt and dogs with a pedigree as long as your arm - have loved them all. But sometimes you know what you want and why, and thats for YOU to decide. take no shame from clowns like that.

Bella is my rescue, I needed her as bad as she needed me. I’m happy I made this choice. Nothing wrong with a pure breed either. It just wasn’t in the cards for me.
D6C3F440-FD35-49AC-A022-98EF46A0BD17.jpeg

I am always happy for those that take in a rescue, and their owners, lol. I think it's a great thing to do. My girlfriend many years ago worked at a shelter, and saw way too many animals put down.
But my girlfriends' family has had German shedders for decades, and I'm lucky enough to have an old racing buddy who breeds them, and we're lucky enough to be able to get what we want.
But it's nobody's business HOW anybody gets their dogs, only that they take good care of them.

My son graduates the firefighter academy tomorrow, then Saturday he’s picking up a pup and bringing him home. We have a good size house so it’s all good. Not quite two yrs since we put our Angel down. Still hurts from having to do that. Looking forward to the new addition.

My son graduates the firefighter academy tomorrow, then Saturday he’s picking up a pup and bringing him home. We have a good size house so it’s all good. Not quite two yrs since we put our Angel down. Still hurts from having to do that. Looking forward to the new addition.
Put up some pics when you get " him/her"....

@Budnicks
Here is Plague and Pestilence...
20220519_133500.jpg
20220519_133504.jpg
20220519_133506.jpg

Actually we named them, brother and sister from the same litter, "Leeloo" and "Korben" 2 main characters from the great movie "The Fifth Element"
I told my wife adding them to our too full schedule was a really bad idea, I told her that at least a dozen times, us being 60 years old, with 3 lab mixes we've had since puppies but are all now in double digit ages, and a 40 pound mini pig, THAT "delicate balance" to not come home to a murder scene was an accomplishment.
Well, I'm happy to say that we are in the third day of having every animal in full access to everywhere, vs the last 6 months keeping the 2 puppies secluded in the bathroom by a pet gate. They would all get together in the large yards, and once that all worked out we eased them into full access.
I still absolutely believe that adding them was a really BAD idea, but naturally I am going to take care of them and love them. They are purebred Labs, and have had a great dry food diet and it shows.

@Budnicks
Here is Plague and Pestilence...
View attachment 1287348 View attachment 1287349 View attachment 1287350
Actually we named them, brother and sister from the same litter, "Leeloo" and "Korben" 2 main characters from the great movie "The Fifth Element"
I told my wife adding them to our too full schedule was a really bad idea, I told her that at least a dozen times, us being 60 years old, with 3 lab mixes we've had since puppies but are all now in double digit ages, and a 40 pound mini pig, THAT "delicate balance" to not come home to a murder scene was an accomplishment.
Well, I'm happy to say that we are in the third day of having every animal in full access to everywhere, vs the last 6 months keeping the 2 puppies secluded in the bathroom by a pet gate. They would all get together in the large yards, and once that all worked out we eased them into full access.
I still absolutely believe that adding them was a really BAD idea, but naturally I am going to take care of them and love them. They are purebred Labs, and have had a great dry food diet and it shows.
Great looking Chocolate Labs :thumbsup: cool names too
I will no doubt forget it, but will be reminded...

you know I love labs/retrievers in general...
hell I love dogs/animals in general
but labs (of any color) are special to me

2 must have been a bit of a handful :lol:
but well worth it, in the long run

Sorry for your loss and I know the pain. I put down one of my PD's on the 9th due to cancer and well, she was the most loving and gentle one I've ever had. She was a rescue and had her for nearly 4 years and have no idea how old she was but knew she wasn't a spring chicken. Some people laugh when I mention prairie dog and start talking about how to kill them but man, these guys are way different than any rodent I've ever had. The kids wanted rats and we had some but man, they just don't live very long but PD's can get up in their mid teens or more easily plus they bond like any canine. Well, I'm choking up now......and I still miss my first canine. She was pretty special too.

I convinced my sister on law to adopt a stray dog, to my surprise she did! And in fact she adopt a pregnant dog, her name is manchitas ( little spots) thank God she gave birth to 8 beautiful little puppies last night, all my prayers and efforts now to find them a nice and caring family.

IMG-20220520-WA0002.jpg

So sorry to hear that.
What helped me and still does is refocusing on the great times I had with the dog I may be missing, and hanging out with the ones I have.

Great looking Chocolate Labs :thumbsup: cool names too
I will no doubt forget it, but will be reminded...

you know I love labs/retrievers in general...
hell I love dogs/animals in general
but labs (of any color) are special to me

2 must have been a bit of a handful :lol:
but well worth it, in the long run
Thanks Budnicks.
I'm very happy with the general peace that all the animals being all together is bringing. The puppies, as big as they are, respect my 50-some pound black mix Laney, and she is the youngest and has always been the most fleet footed of the older 3. The other 2 chocolate Lab mixes, let the puppies know when they are crossing the line, and so far, so good.

Auto Transport Service
Back