• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

20220827_104506.jpg

How incredibly nice of you! My father mentioned that most times you could tell a person‘s character by the way they treated their livestock and pets. That seems to have changed with some pet owners through the years though.
You/family are A1 in our book. I used to make splints/ boots for dogs.

Chicken bones are not a problem with my Newfoundlands. I truly believe they could each eat an entire roasted chicken in 4 bites. The best way to describe it is, it's the way an alligator eats with big jaws. There is no real chewing. A cheeseburger or an ice cream cone never hits the ground. They chomp and crush the chicken bones and raise their heads, throwing the food back to their throat like a gator. Sometimes if a steak is too chewy I'll cut it up and share it with the 2 Newfs. I'm sure they like the smell but there is no chewing, it's just gone as soon as it hits their mouths. Here's a face comparison. They are 160 and 165 pounds. They are too big for many exercises. They will wear out in 20 minutes of spirited walking. When I take them to the ranch here in Colorado they love the snow. They will walk all over the property rolling in any big snow drift they can find. At 50 yards or more, with their tails held low, you would swear it's two black bears out in a field or forest.

View attachment 1437022
Can you post a pic of the dog next to a car. Dam its huge

Dave K, Here's some, my daughter is always taking pictures. She washed them and they are drying off in the back seat of her SUV.

thumbnail_20220810_160611_resized.jpg
123.jpg
thumbnail_20220810_160535_resized.jpg
1thisT
nd2.jpg
nd.jpg

I record "Dog TV" on DirecTV and do the 3 hour recording extension, so I get 4-5 hours worth of the material.
I've seen the dogs watch it, fairly intently, and it seems to make them calmer when we are away. I don't subscribe, but when they do "Free Views" is when I make a couple of recordings.

When you repeat, your dogs probably think: Hey! there's that one dog again.

Here is an old pic of Kentucky, our Pyrenees/Bernese mix. He was just a pup and we had a blizzard which i made trails with the snow blower for the dogs.
The other pic is Kentucky much older before he passed. He is with Dakota, a full Bernese. Dakota was a pup then.
The Pyrenees/ Bernese mix is a wonderful blend. They are very sturdy and usually don't have the hip issues .
Plus they still have the "life is wonderful" that all of the working class dogs do.

NTLQ6540.JPG

DNQA4255.JPG

Last edited:
Here is an old pic of Kentucky, our Pyrenees/Bernese mix. He was just a pup and we had a blizzard which i made trails with the snow blower for the dogs.
The other pic is Kentucky much older before he passed. He is with Dakota, a full Bernese. Dakota was a pup then.
The Pyrenees/ Bernese mix is a wonderful blend. They are very sturdy and usually don't have the hip issues .
Plus they still have the "life is wonderful" that all of the working class dogs do.

View attachment 1441627

View attachment 1441628
Love the dog pix.
Looked close at your avatar, and I'll tell ya that I chose 300BLK caliber, since I fire suppressed subsonic. Weight and size to make up for less speed, like a lineman vs a wide receiver. My 50 cal is my center. Lol.

:thumbsup:
& one of the 4 with a 'cone of shame'
poor guy
:luvplace:

Auto Transport Service
Back