• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

If people were half as good as dogs, the world would be a much better place! Here's mine on a river drift trip 2 weeks ago.

River dawg 1.JPG

River dawg 2.JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday I was driving while the Newfs were in the back seat with the windows down. At the stop light, I heard someone yelling. It was a little girl in the car next to me, talking to the dogs. We get a lot of people taking pictures at stoplights if the windows are down. We then went to the McDonald's drive-through. Normally at McDonald's, the dogs get a small ice cream cone. I hold the cone sideways and the dogs take it in one bite. This time I didn't get the ice cream but Little Bear had her head way out the window expecting her treat. When we got to the food window the kid opened the glass and saw this giant dog head pointed at him. He freaked out but recovered quickly. I never worry about the dogs being aggressive, Newfoundlands are nicknamed "Gentle Giants" they don't even bark unless they are trying to communicate, like, "Dad we drank all the water and need more." As we were leaving, there was a lady in the parking lot with a blanket over her shoulders. It was that cold here yesterday afternoon. She was watching and was just laughing like crazy at the situation.

If people were half as good as dogs, the world would be a much better place!

Yeah, I find most dogs are better people than most people.

Not mine (photo from Facebook) but agree they look like twins. Intelligent and beautiful animals!

Mine was a rescue, found living on the streets after having a litter of pups. She pretty obviously got hit hard by a car. Her back left leg had to come off, and her tail healed like a corkscrew. I suspect she got dumped by her previous owners, for whatever reason. If true, may they rot in hell.

However, all she needed was a soft place to land, and she found it here. She is a fabulous creature. I never had a dog that sleeps with one eye open, and considers her only job in life to let me know if someone is passing by the fence. A couple more photos...

Too skinny, right after I got her. She's filled out nicely now.

20210821_163539.jpg

With my older dog, chilling in the living room.

20210825_173607.jpg

And a glamour shot with my GF's dog. Hers is also a GP but with some GSD mixed in.

20211006_150246.jpg

He left us on February 7th 2023 and I still miss him sooooo much! I would describe how GREAT he was but it is hard to type when everything is getting blurry so I will just put up a pic from better days.

R.I.P. Carbide, you were "OUR" best friend.

saESmk.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20230303006.jpg

I am going to try out my pup on my kayak this year, I bet we all get wet.
Thanks for pics

He left us on February 7th 2023 and I still miss him sooooo much! I would describe how GREAT he was but it is hard to type when everything is getting blurry so I will just put up a pic from better days.

R.I.P. Carbide, you were "OUR" best friend.

View attachment 1476632
I can relate...
Sorry to hear that too...

RIP Carbide

Anybody want to get out of New York smoke? Yes, I may have found another dog. She looks to be a long yearling. Take a road trip to deliver a rescue and see Yellowstone, I'll pay the gas. ... or to the Twin Cities

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 2.18.18 PM.png

When I was a kid, I worked summer evenings at a local dog track. Greyhounds are excellent dogs. I probably didn't weigh but 70 pounds myself, but I would walk four dogs at one time. I worked for the dog track, but before the races started I made extra money by doing odd jobs for trainers. Cleaning kennels was one of those great jobs. Lysol, broom, and a hose.

Imagining what it must be like in East Coast rescue facilities, I came up with this idea. A filter to bring fresh air into the humid environment. Don't know if it works, we have no smoke. Probably work better if the carbon was pulverized. The box is made with Foam Core. Easy to cut and glue and it is reasonably strong. Great for mock ups.

P1017866.JPG
P1017867.JPG
P1017869.JPG
P1017871.JPG
P1017872.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back