• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don’t ship with USPS!

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Have been having problems with USPS lately getting anything on time. Purchased a rear tail panel from a member here and it was shipped April 1. Has been stuck per the attached pic for about a week. I’m getting concerned that it is lost.
I have a terrific lady mail carrier who is helping me troubleshoot on the USPS end. She said that Atlanta and Birmingham distribution centers are so backed up they still have packages from last year.
Pay the extra if necessary and us UPS or FEDEX

IMG_2594.jpeg

I have that happen with all the delivery services. If I had to pick the worst of the 3 it would be FedEx but I stopped using them a couple years ago. I’ve had stuff go stalled for weeks and even reported as missing by the service, only to show up unannounced a week or two later.

We have also sent a prepaid credit card by certified USPS mail to someone only to have it come back in the mangled envelope with a note - mangled in mail sorting machine, undeliverable. The credit card was still inside. My wife tried to get them to re-mail it certified again and they told her she would have to pay for certified mail again! So she mailed it regular mail and it got there OK - except when the recipient tried to activate it, the money on it was already gone. The only hands that card went through between my wife and the recipient was the USPS.

We also had some funds stolen (fradulently paid electronically to Go Daddy) out of an Estate bank account my wife handles but which had been dormant for a couple of months. They disappeared about a week after she had mailed out checks to the hiers and one of them was returned by the same city’s postal service (as in the credit card episode above) as undeliverable. It was only mailed across town. However there was nothing wrong with the address. She did not examine the envelope for tampering at the time but we are highly suspicious a postal worker steamed the envelope, got the account and routing numbers off the check, replaced it, and stamped it undeliverable. Then they went on a spending spree with Go Daddy.

I would not put too much trust in USPS.

I too experienced this treatment from USPS recently. I ordered a pair of Axle perches. They spent 6 working days in a distribution center before they got tired of moving them from shelf to shelf. Gotta be patient I guess. They will show up though........I hope.

I've been in this situation with them a couple of times. Ironically only with super rare expensive parts. The good news is that they have always shown up. I hope you don't need to claim insurance, because the wankers won't pay up. Good luck and I hope you get your parts.

Have been having problems with USPS lately getting anything on time. Purchased a rear tail panel from a member here and it was shipped April 1. Has been stuck per the attached pic for about a week. I’m getting concerned that it is lost.
I have a terrific lady mail carrier who is helping me troubleshoot on the USPS end. She said that Atlanta and Birmingham distribution centers are so backed up they still have packages from last year.
Pay the extra if necessary and us UPS or FEDEX

View attachment 1645299
I have to say 6 months ago I would have not agreed.
Now.... USPS has really went down hill. I first figured it was the holidays but by Feb. It was still bad. Hell I can't get a 1st class envelope from Iowa to Ohio in 16 days.
Anything time sensitive I will use UPS or payment wise send online.

I am waiting on a parcel that sat from the 7th until today at the Jamaica NY international distribution center. I was starting to feel it had completely stalled, and then I received a notification 10 minutes ago that it had cleared customs. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone here read the book “The Crying of Lot 49”?
I had to read it in college and I’ve never hated a book like that one.

Anyway, part of the plot is that there are different agencies vying for control of mail delivery.

One day it occurred to me, that since it doesn’t make sense that Amazon makes money delivering individual packages to individual customers, maybe their goal is actually to get control of mail delivery.

My mind is a scary place sometimes.

Shipping companies have followed the airlines in that they are all equally bad and it's a business now that considers the customer the enemy. Just the times we live in and since all are equally bad there is no incentive to improve.

You ought to try Canada Post. I sent the documents for a truck I sold to the new owner by Canada Post "Express Post". Supposed to be two day delivery. These went fro Alberta to Ontario, cost $32.00. A week and half later they finally arrive with the new owner. I guess "Express Post" actually means "Pony Express". They were sent from Alberta.

I spoke too soon. I just got a text that my parcel is being processed through a facility in Montreal. I live 1.5 hours south of Toronto.

Imagine for us that live overseas and use forwarder shippers. We have that drama twice, shipping from seller to a US address, and after forwarding it overseas. Just had a milodon road race pan misplaced in the wrong storage by the forwarder shipper last week, don't think I'll ever see it arriving home.

One shipper can be as bad as another these days. It all depends on location, what the vendor or company likes to use and sometimes what shipper has the better deal. You want it overnight, you're going to have to pay. I've received or shipped an item the cheapest way and the results were the same as if I would have paid the extra. So it's a real crap shoot.

Depending on what state or city the package might go straight to the destination. Other times it might go almost straight to the destination, then head south, then east, then back to the destination. It all depends on the distribution centers along or not along the way.

It's not always going to work out the way you planned and each shipper could care less. Ive had no damaged packages from USPS. Can't say that for OPS and FCKEX. JMO

My wife always asks me why I drive 4 hours to pick up a part when I can just have it shipped. ALL of the above is the answer to that question . My limit is usually 2 states away then I will have it shipped. I'm very lucky living in north central Ohio with the amount of parts suppliers (and dragstrips) within driving distance.
Gus

I have the same issue. A buddy of mine forwarded a document to me on March 6th. 3 weeks later, with nothing being delivered, I had the State issue another. This one was sent to me by registered mail with a tracking number and a signature required.
Now, on April 8th, the original shows up in the mail. Was at the Memphis, TN post office all this time.
Still haven't received the second document. The registered mail piece is still in the Memphis TN post office. Thinking something may be amiss, I contacted the Postmaster General. The canned reply came. "Thank you for contacting USPS, we will check into your issue and keep you informed".
Nothing!
Last Christmas, my wife sent individual cards and cash to each of two granddaughters. Sent from Commerce Township, MI to Livonia, MI. Both went MIA.
I can't really blame anyone but the management at USPS. The workers are normally blamed but they don't set expectations nor do they run the place.
Sure is different than when I was in the military in the 60's. Mothers, wives, girlfriends, would send stuff to us and nothing got lost or showed up late.
FedEx and/or UPS from now on for me.

seems like usps is always a little slower then the rest but also a little cheaper . i was not happy with this thou . first time but not cool !!! usually the big packages they drive in and drop on porch ….happens again i will stop in to complain….

81472B87-7957-494A-8264-5D464F1D4AA4.jpeg

Out here where I live FedEx is the absolute worst,
by any stretch of any imagination, shits or the boxes are always damaged
crunched up corners & a week (or month) or more late
they use subcontractor to deliver up here,
usually some 'private carries' (to be polite, giving them the benefit of dougt)
in a reg. van, with a magnetic sign slapped on the side/door...
Not really professional services...

I seem to Or I used to have, decent luck with USPS,
United States Postal Service
The past 2 + years since our normal/reg. mail-lady retired...
Past 2 winters really bad services...
(I get it, somewhat too, that it's snowing & had bad years too)
Our mail or packages, has been extremely spotty, of late
been having issues with new carriers, trainees
& people not showing up to do their jobs, big turnover
(it's Fed. Union too)
"allegedly" I asked & talked with the local office & people up from that too
after I complained a couple times (like 5-6 time & still no responses),
I found out that,
they NOW use our route, as a training route too :BangHead:
I have or have had to go down the hill, 13-15 miles each way
to Sonora main post-office branch & pick it up...
They always have some crappy excuses, why :jackoff: ...

Some weeks we go a couple days at a time,
'with lil' to no mail',
if it snows, you can forget about mail/packages at all,
I guess they forgot about the Mailman Mantra...
Or the mail is crumbled up & wet/soggy at best
(ours here all delivered in a Jeep/Mail-truck, rural route, there's no walkers)
it's rare my dad doesn't get several pieces of mail daily,
he gets a ****-tone of junk mail constantly...
(that's a whole other issue :BangHead: )

& I have had great luck with UPS "here", (guys/gals in the brown trucks)
the driver for our area lives about 4 doors away up across the road
both him & his wife work at the Angles Camp distribution/delivery center...

Auto Transport Service
Back