• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Donny's 1969 GTX

gtx

Hey Donny,are you still around? Did you recuperate from the daughters grad? Get one of those cars finished blasting? Looking for the car **** so I can get the enthusiasm for mine this fall. Bernie.

Sorry to let these threads lapse, graduation came and went, been busy getting her set in college and new apt etc, new school, moved up to Austin, etc. Busy busy busy, plus, all the blasting I've been doing has been for paying customers, and with the heat blasting in Aug/Sep south Texas, can't make it more than a few hrs this time of the year; HOT! However, hoping to get the GTX done this week, I promise, car **** pics will come, promise!

know what you mean about the heat.It just makes you not want to do anything.This time of the year,you can't even walk outside without the sweat rolling off.

It hot up here, (102) don't want to think what it like further south, especially in a blasting suit.

I can hardly deal with it up here...87F up here today but 98% Humidity. Us northern guys melt at 102F Iraqivet....Can't imagine it down there. I wouldn't leave the house!!

Let it snow!!!:skier:

Donny, let's see those motivational pic's brother!

I'm elbow deep in GM stuff these days, I know, sad...but, this is $$! I'm on the edge before I can start welding new metal into these cars, literally, all I need more is time! I can post some nasty Chevelle SS pics! Need some more BBQ sauce?

Today, in my workshop it was 101, inside! I had both fans blasting away, still hot, just pace yourself, drink lots of water, and rest here and there, this is how you do it. In the blast suit is a no-go, this time of year I have to blast at night when it gets down to 85!

On the edge of tapping off the last of the BBQ sauce Donny..Got some people hooked on it around here....Clowns show up on the weekend, drink my beer, Swim in my pool and eat my BBQ sauce while i'm working...WTF!!!!! Bunch of ticks!!!!! Gonna start charging at the door around this place.

I'll have to see what AMD parts I can dig up for more BBQ sauce bartering..LOL

101 and working, how lovely...YUK!! Yeah Ditto on the water. Last Sunday probably went through 2 gallons....I guess at least here with the humidity, you walk around soaked in sweat and it gives you an idea how much you need to rehydrate. Sure beats that crap we dealt with over in the sandbox eh? 130-135F, Dry....Sweat evaporates so quickly off you that you can't tell how bad off you are till things start spinning

Can't wait to see the metal being slapped back on the GTX..Gonna be great!

Man, I know, I gotta and will get the GTX coming together, just that this Chevelle SS that I'm doing is pretty bad, needs everything, all new metal is at my shop, just studying GM build methods vs. our MOPAR builds. Built a pretty stout dolly today to handle the GM body, gotta get things tightly mounted before pulling stuff apart! Wonder if the Admins would allow some GM Car **** on this site?

I'd say go for it! I'm a mopar guy thru and thru, but still give respect and am sometimes inspired by the other steel that rolled out of Detroit.

I vote for some bowtie car ****!, 3 words I never would have thought could be used in the same sentence, let alone consecutively.:rolling:. I would like to see what you are up to though, Donny, are you doing some panel replacement on the Chevy, or just building a fixture to roll it around on?.

I agree, turn off the heat already, supposed to be 92 and very humid in the D today.:car flipper:

I am DEEP into this Chevelle! The Floor is bad, the right outer rocker panel is bad, the trunk pan is bad, the qtrs are bad, the doors were junk, the deck lid is salvageable.

This is a SS396 car, so, it's kind of cool! I do have TONS of car **** that is current on this car, but, need a 'green light' from the Admins to post away?

I build the dolly to roll it around, and, to serve as a table to hold it up; so, it's pretty stout!

Yeah, please, turn the thermometer down a bit, just down 8 or so degrees, this makes a huge difference!

Ok, I'm getting GM'd out, ready to get back into my MOPARS! Got a call from my antique furniture guy, he's bringing 4 dressers and 4 desks to me on Monday, needs 'em blasted asap, my hopper is loaded with the good stuff (fast stuff) and I need to unload it and then load up with plastic/acrylic mix for his furniture; not too much more to blast on the GTX -- then primer, then metal assembly on top of the dolly I made! I can feel it happening folks, I can!

I know about hot shops. Everything I shot with my temp gun registered 100-101 but at least there was a good breeze blowing through. This was Friday and today was no wind at all. Saturday and Sunday wasn't too bad but I took a break today lol

Here's the dolly/stand I made for the Chevelle project. I am putting it here for all to see as the GTX will go atop this dolly as soon as the GM car is done -- getting closer! I shall set this stand to the Satellite first as a template; adjust to the places/points on the frame/chassis and bolt it in place, then, set the GTX on it, and lay the frame in place, and the new metal!

Here's what it looks like with the Chevelle attached to it. I shall scale back the Chevelle thread as this is MOPAR B Body land, and only show it here where there is some benefit to the MOPAR B Body lovers out there.

The rear deck panel is 'locked' in place, deck lid is operational, and lined up with the old qtrs that are now in the junk bin, there is extrusions that appear to go nowhere and do nothing, but, they are there to rest next to the new qtrs with I lay 'em on, just another template and measurement device to help me get it 'right' quicker on the other end of assembly!

IMG_2867.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2836.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2865.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2845.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2832.jpg
[/IMG]

Dang Donny, your the only one I know will get a car, keep the roof and firewall, and replace everything else.

Your one devoted Dude.

I actually got to get some time in today on the GTX!!!

I had some small fenders to blast, put 'em on the front crossmember and got near 100% deflection to the underside of the dash and inner firewall! Did both fenders, sitting there, and got much of the GTX media blasted while still charging $$ for the customers parts! Now, if I can apply this to ALL my jobs....

Auto Transport Service
Back