• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't ever ship anything with FedEx

I had a guy put signature required on a package once.. It was an FN nightmare after multiple phone calls between Fed Ex, The shipper and myself I thought I had everything good to go and they would leave the package. F no. 1 hour on the phone and all I ended up doing was setting up FUTURE deliveries from this seller that could be left with-out signing!!! I had to take off work to get it. Screwed up my whole day...

I ordered a new radio from Classic Industries and asked that it be shipped USPS instead of FedEx or UPS. This saves me additional brokerage charges at the border crossing. Judging from e-mails from CI, this simple request is adding 10 days to 2 weeks to my delivery time. I do not understand the delay.

I ordered a new radio from Classic Industries and asked that it be shipped USPS instead of FedEx or UPS. This saves me additional brokerage charges at the border crossing. Judging from e-mails from CI, this simple request is adding 10 days to 2 weeks to my delivery time. I do not understand the delay.
Just amazed they'll do it at all, always refused me and stated courier only. One reason I won't use them anymore.

Yah.. NO.. they're just lazy f's. UPS and Canpar will be out for delivery and one snow flake has them hightailing it back to the depot! Or UPS delivery... that sets stuff on the gate post for everyone to see and steal !
This is tongue in cheek. Delivery might be do to location. I get shipments from National Moparts. They ship Canpar to here. Shipment arrives in Regina 140 miles away, they drive here in all kinds of weather and we get it. Caveat, we say leave it at the back door if not home, leave it at the back door.
We have about 3 different weather patterns in 140 miles.

I used to have the same problem with signature required by FedEx….. then I went on their website and found a release letter you sign and tape it on your door. No more problems.

Wow - I’m reading all these disasters you guys - especially rural guys. I’m sure as **** glad I just really don’t have to deal much with shipping - outside of our Amazon stuff and a few others here and there. This stuff would drive me to drink……. As a matter of fact why not…..

I have an old high school buddy living in the US. Lately I've been having small stuff shipped to him. He either consolidates it all into one package or he brings it up on a visit. This works well since it saves a bundle on anything that would have been couriered AND some sellers offer free U.S. shipping.

Screw FedEx they couldn't find a lost package if it was handed to them. Right now I have 2000.00 plus lost somewhere and they tell me it's been sign fore. It has been signed and pieces were delivered but not all the pieces got counted. So now I have to prove it's a FedEx problem.

I have an old high school buddy living in the US. Lately I've been having small stuff shipped to him. He either consolidates it all into one package or he brings it up on a visit. This works well since it saves a bundle on anything that would have been couriered AND some sellers offer free U.S. shipping.
I have a parcel drop in Port Huron, a little over an hour away. Because of all the hoops to jump through now, I do not think it is worth the trouble to use it.

Ordered a new phone to be here on Monday....came yesterday but at least the box fit inside the mailbox out on the street.....

Said it before...
UPS is company employees, union, period.
FedEx is franchised, meaning each one has a "turf" and their own employees not directly working
for FedEx - and oftentimes, they farm deliveries out to subs, too.
Shippers think of the two as being somewhat equal in quality and FedEx more often than not
lowballs bids to get contracts to handle their shipments - shippers find out that was a mistake.
Some franchises are better than others; the FedEx franchise in my neck of the woods blows dead bear,
consistently and without fail.

Latest issue with them was today, in fact. I hear a ruckus outside and go to investigate, only to find a
FedEx box truck trying to turn around in front of my garage - and burying the back bumper into the
embankment in the process, tearing up my yard.
I walk over, making sure he sees me...
He blurts out of the window "you live here or something?", glaring at me.
I reply "yeah, that's my yard you're destroying - or something."
Dude has over 10 acres clear up here to maneuver on, but he's hellbent on destruction apparently...

Now, keep in mind they usually throw out packages in front of our garage, which faces away from the
house and is exposed to the elements.
This time, that ain't gonna happen.
"You delivering something, hoss?" I ask.
"Not yet, I will when I get $%&^% turned around."
I tell him he ain't doing either until he gets his happy *** out of the truck and fixes my yard...
He complies, finally realizing I ain't playing.
He goes to fetch the fairly large box out of the back of the truck and I can plainly see it's been
dropped and damaged, has a hole in the bottom of it...

By then, I'm pretty close to:mad:.

"Go get the form for damage claims and let's get this filled out."
He begins to try to weasel out of it; again, there's no wiggle room with me and he gets that,
fetches the form, stares at the ground while I fill it out and take my copy.
I look at him and say "next time you come up here, you turn around in front of the garage like
anyone else. Next time you bring me a package, you get it up on the front porch and out of the
weather....and next time you get a package for us, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't treat it like
garbage. Dig?"
He starts trying to stammer out the instructions on what to do with the claim...
I stop him and say "trust me, I know the drill by heart now."

Auto Transport Service
Back