• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't forget to check you car for stuff before starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idrivemopar

Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
I am sure everyone does their checks, but sometimes you forget things and I just wanted to pass along a don't forget to check your car for tools, extra parts, shop towels and whatnot under the hood and under the car before firing it up!!!!!!

I always check under the hood for tools and parts and whatnot, but today, I forgot I had put a towel on my headers a couple of days ago just before the collector so I didn't get any oil on them and fired up the car, started smelling something funny, so looked under the car and there was the towel on the headers, smoking, what an oh **** moment, thankfully I pulled it off before it ignited, and no harm, no foul, but that would have been a disaster if it had lit up!!!!!

So don't forget to check your car before starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once fired up my 70 coronet to go to work . the second I hit the key, I heard a huge loud rattle and something hitting the hood. killed the engine, popped the hood , and all I could see is what was left of my neighbors cat. he had been sleeping somewhere by the fan.

I was working on my HEMI year before last, came out the alley and around the corner. Nothing like the sound of steel bouncing off concrete. 9/16 wrench..................

I once fired up my 70 coronet to go to work . the second I hit the key, I heard a huge loud rattle and something hitting the hood. killed the engine, popped the hood , and all I could see is what was left of my neighbors cat. he had been sleeping somewhere by the fan.

Same thing happened to my Mom once, only difference is this cat lived, but I think he used up one or two of his lives on his travels around the belts!

I've found plenty of tools under the hood, from the last person who had worked on it!

I was working on my HEMI year before last, came out the alley and around the corner. Nothing like the sound of steel bouncing off concrete. 9/16 wrench..................

I used to work in south Seattle where there are a lot of shops (mostly for the big rigs), that's where a lot of my tools came from. A glint of chrome steel in the street and I was on it like a hawk on a mouse. It's no wonder that you would see the tool trucks at these places all the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back