• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone near BMW Bakersfield can check a car for me?

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I live 100 miles from one of the biggest cities in the USA (Phoenix) and I can't find a Charger Daytona under 50 grand unless it is salvage title, or has more than 98K miles, or is smokeshow or some other crappy color.

Frustrating. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, and especially Virgina has many to choose from. I can get a super clean F8 Daytona Charger from 30 different sellers; they are all 1800 to 2200 miles away.

I digress.

Considering this car:

2022 Dodge Charger R/T in Bakersfield, CA | Los Angeles Dodge Charger | BMW of Bakersfield

If I trailer the car I don't pay California tax and pay a 'user's tax' when I register. Air Fare is $600 one way. Not sure I can stomach buying sight unseen, but from the looks of things this might be a good buy for me. Dealer still owes me an inspection report.

Let me know if someone has time for a joyride and check this car out for me. Want to make certain it has not been modified, or evidence of a flood car. I was stranded in Bakersfield back in February and I know about the massive flooding in that area. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Have you checked the "carmax, carvanna etc"? I'm finding some on the west coast

I've had good results three times now, buying remotely from reputable dealers as the last thing they want is to get busted selling a skank car or anything less than advertised. Flew and also rented a car to get them; they picked me up at the airport and drove them home. Not to say there aren't skank dealers, but I've been happy every time. More confident than buying privately unless relying on someone with knowledge to check them out first.

Have you checked the "carmax, carvanna etc"? I'm finding some on the west coast
I check CarMax frequently. Looking for a 2021 or newer, Daytona, 5.7, white, F8, or red. Prefer to be near 40, under 20k miles.

Thanks. Not looking for a 392, but might consider if Daytona package.

I am aware that there's thousands of black, granite, and grey base model Charger out there.

When I go to autotempest with my narrow search terms, I'll get about 25 cars nationwide.

Last edited:
What's going on with this dealer website? It will not let me search their inventory. I did not use your link, just went to their webpage and no search

Not sure. I wonder if this car is a unicorn. The dealer automated email replied to me this morning when I sent the Autotrader email. I replied to the automated message and asked they call my cell. That was early this morning and no reply or call.

Most dealers call me within milliseconds of my sending my cell number.

Probably a unicorn or they sold the car months ago and just left it on Autotrader.

Not sure. I wonder if this car is a unicorn. The dealer automated email replied to me this morning when I sent the Autotrader email. I replied to the automated message and asked they call my cell. That was early this morning and no reply or call.

Probably a unicorn or they sold the car months ago and just left it on Autotrader.
I saw the same car on other ads from them, just can't scan their inventory. Hope you get it but no call back is not a good sign from a dealer

Glendora Dodge says they have this new 2022 for $49800
New 2022 Dodge Charger R/T With Navigation

No new car, yet.

BMW Bakersfield will not send an inspection report. Assume they don't want liability?

The San Diego car may be a unicorn. When I asked for a out the door estimate they said they would get back to me. Still no information from them.

I'm kind of thinking that buying long distance is just not for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back