• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't tell me it's gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moderator's and the administrator are in charge of this forum and all of us should respect their authority and not question it nor undermine it.

If any of you have an issue with their decision about that thread that is now history. Take it up with them and stop stiring the pot!

I've learned a great deal from Dave over the years since his black Hemi Cuda resto all the way up to this 4 door barracuda build. Techniques I've never even thought of before. Its all helped me grow with how I rebuild / restore parts and cars. I don't think my Dad's 69 GTX vert would be anywhere close to the level it is if it wasn't for the determination to try and even aspire to get close to what one of Dave's cars turned out like. He certainly has set the bar high for restorations as far as that goes but the amount of knowledge he has and different techniques that he has learned over the years far surpasses anything that I could even imagine to acquire over the years.

Dave actually told me earlier tonight that he told the admin to take down the thread and that he was done posting on his forums. Seeing how he was treated on here, I can't say as I blame him.

The moderator's and the administrator are in charge of this forum and all of us should respect their authority and not question it nor undermine it.

If any of you have an issue with their decision about that thread that is now history. Take it up with them and stop stiring the pot!
I don't see anyone who replied saying (or referring to) they are questioning the admin's or mod's authority. Let alone undermine it.

Besides, I did not start this new thread.

The moderator's and admin need to also check ip addresses....

Yes, I agree. That should weed out and expose any people on here with "alias'".

Last edited:
Its a shame as I thought Dave and Steve had tremendous talent building that car. Lots of attention to details and such.

You speak of him in the past tense. Did the talent suddenly go away with his exit from this forum?

Last I talked to Dave tonight, he said he was done here. He has better things to do with his time rather than debate with the nay-sayers and slanderous lying people.

If asking for concrete proof of claims of 4-door versions of Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Super Bees, Road Runners, Daytonas, Superbirds, Dart GTS' being a nay-sayer, then I and many others are guilty as charged in the minds of those who choose to believe hearsay to be fact. In regards to slandering and lying people, I ask to please present some evidence.

I was following it too....I learnt some fantastic tips on restoration techniques that I haven't seen anywhere before. I feel sorry for those that will miss those tips.

Fret not my friend from down under, for those who wish to follow the 4-door Cuda project, the exact same pictures and text as posted by Mr. ECS here is over at the E Body Forum, (FEBO) where such a build rightly belongs.

I've learned a great deal from Dave over the years since his black Hemi Cuda resto all the way up to this 4 door barracuda build. Techniques I've never even thought of before. Its all helped me grow with how I rebuild / restore parts and cars. I don't think my Dad's 69 GTX vert would be anywhere close to the level it is if it wasn't for the determination to try and even aspire to get close to what one of Dave's cars turned out like. He certainly has set the bar high for restorations as far as that goes but the amount of knowledge he has and different techniques that he has learned over the years far surpasses anything that I could even imagine to acquire over the years.

Dave actually told me earlier tonight that he told the admin to take down the thread and that he was done posting on his forums. Seeing how he was treated on here, I can't say as I blame him.

Seeing that the 4-door Cuda build is still on FEBO, it seems (for now) that the request has not been granted on that one of the administrator's other forums.

The funny thing is that you and ECS obviously have more of a relationship than most in this one forum would realize. You will often post, in many cases, within minutes of his postings, at all hours of the day or night with your usual "that's so wonderful, you are so great, I've learned so much form you" sickly sweet responses. I have no idea what the offline relationship is between you two and how you two communicate, but you are obviously far more than some random poster who is interested in his build. For instance, I believe that you were the one who announced (on that now deceased thread) that one of his cars is supposed to going into the Smithsonian. Let's face fact, you are his internet sidekick on (nearly?) every forum where ECS sets up residence, hence my Laurel & Hardy comparison.

As far as his treatment here, from my point of view, the man is simply a victim of his own ego. If such was not the case, he'd still be here and others would be gone. I don't know why, but for whatever reason, it just seems that controversy follows ECS around on different car forums. Perhaps someone can enlighten me and shed some light on why that is?

You speak of him in the past tense. Did the talent suddenly go away with his exit from this forum?.......................

The funny thing is that you and ECS obviously have more of a relationship than most in this one forum would realize. You will often post, in many cases, within minutes of his postings, at all hours of the day or night with your usual "that's so wonderful, you are so great, I've learned so much form you" sickly sweet responses. I have no idea what the offline relationship is between you two and how you two communicate, but you are obviously far more than some random poster who is interested in his build. For instance, I believe that you were the one who announced (on that now deceased thread) that one of his cars is supposed to going into the Smithsonian. Let's face fact, you are his internet sidekick on (nearly?) every forum where ECS sets up residence, hence my Laurel & Hardy comparison...............?

:popcorn: this will be interesting now that the thread has gone.

You speak of him in the past tense. Did the talent suddenly go away with his exit from this forum?

Seeing that the 4-door Cuda build is still on FEBO, it seems (for now) that the request has not been granted on that one of the administrator's other forums.

The funny thing is that you and ECS obviously have more of a relationship than most in this one forum would realize. You will often post, in many cases, within minutes of his postings, at all hours of the day or night with your usual "that's so wonderful, you are so great, I've learned so much form you" sickly sweet responses. I have no idea what the offline relationship is between you two and how you two communicate, but you are obviously far more than some random poster who is interested in his build. For instance, I believe that you were the one who announced (on that now deceased thread) that one of his cars is supposed to going into the Smithsonian. Let's face fact, you are his internet sidekick on (nearly?) every forum where ECS sets up residence, hence my Laurel & Hardy comparison.

As far as his treatment here, from my point of view, the man is simply a victim of his own ego. If such was not the case, he'd still be here and others would be gone. I don't know why, but for whatever reason, it just seems that controversy follows ECS around on different car forums. Perhaps someone can enlighten me and shed some light on why that is?

This is very easy to explain. We've simply been Friends for a long time. Granted, I've never met Dave in person, but how many people do you and other on here talk to via email or phone.

The only thread he asked to be removed was in this forum. From here forward, you won't see build updates posted anywhere but on his personal 4 Door Project Site. That should eliminate the bickering.

As for when I post, I get emails sent to my phone when someone replies to a thread that I've commented on or subscribed to. You seem to be a smart person so I'm sure you could adjust your settings on here to do the same thing. If you go back and check, I not only have replied almost immediately to Dave, but other people on here as well. So, if you are going to chose to post facts, please be sure to post all of them, not pick and chose which facts you seem to be relevant for your cause.

You brought up about the "controversy" that "follows" ECS around. Please explain to me the real reason why you started THIS thread? I can't believe that you were honestly looking to have a fake VIN made up for that above car. Did you have some other hidden agenda behind that original post? Seems like that went perfectly as you had planned as people started talking about the 4 door on here even though you were "only looking for where you can get a VIN made up". It seems (to me at least and maybe others) that you, sir, are the one who keeps stirring the pot up even after the other thread was removed.

PS - Dave said your hemi charger is pretty good for a driver quality car.

Last edited:
:popcorn: this will be interesting now that the thread has gone.
Yup ! Dave isn't here to defend himself so they can have all the fun they want now bashing him without him getting a fair chance to defend himself against the lies that are made up.

This Thread is already getting Tense. Me watchy.

Habib,

I'm pretty much done here on this thread. People who are even blind can see what Richy is doing. This thread had nothing to do with trying to obtain a fraudulent VIN tag and was to just get discussion started back up about the 4 door thread and ECS.

I offered up a suggestion as to where he could look for obtaining a fake vin so that now up to him. After that, somehow it got skewed over to being about the 4 door and Dave's departure. Either way, it doesn't bother me. I don't need or want a fake vin and I am not building the 4 door so its no skin off my back.

BTW - Habib, watch out, you and I might be accused of being in cahoots with each other since I replied "within minutes" after you ! :lol:

Last edited:
You brought up about the "controversy" that "follows" ECS around. Please explain to me the real reason why you started THIS thread? I can't believe that you were honestly looking to have a fake VIN made up for that above car. Did you have some other hidden agenda behind that original post? Seems like that went perfectly as you had planned as people started talking about the 4 door on here even though you were "only looking for where you can get a VIN made up". It seems (to me at least and maybe others) that you, sir, are the one who keeps stirring the pot up even after the other thread was removed.

PS - Dave said your hemi charger is pretty good for a driver quality car.

Of course I don't want a fake VIN, but "someone" has the ability to make them, and judging by the pictures posted, that someone is Dave. The same goes for stamping new body numbers into a body. Since you are now his mouthpiece, as a hobbyist, do you feel comfortable that "someone" has the ability to potentially "fake a car"? I certainly don't. And it's unfortunate that he just brushed off that legitimate concern.

As far as my old Charger, thank Dave for the compliment for me. It really is more fun to drive a nice looking classic car than to own a classic car that is just too nice to drive.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back