• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Handle Question

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
There are many reproduction 66-67 outside door handles out there, but I have not found any lately that have the correct slot below the button that hooks over the door skin when installed. Does anyone know a supplier that is selling correct reproductions? I didn't get a picture of an original today but will tomorrow to show what I'm talking about.

20220503_150354.jpg

This is what I'm talking about.

Great resource for some of the hard to find parts.
Jeff was great and sent me a picture of the backside of his 66-67 door handles and they were not correct. Looks like the ones on the ebay link are correct and come from Classic Industry's. They are marked OER. Thanks guys.

I rember I had to cut a grove into the ones I bought from classic industries
20180207_173121.jpg
20180207_174838.jpg
20180207_175714.jpg

Have you checked with Dales Cuda Shop?

Could you make a piece that fits on rear bolt and goes against door skin. You make it so it spans to front stud.

That is certainly an option. Don't think I haven't thought of that. I have two brand new pairs to try on. Did you get any discoloration in the chrome below the button?
No discoloration, it cut very quick and easy with a cutoff wheel. Last picture I posted, shows the end results.

Auto Transport Service
Back