• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door window post support adjuster

No there is not! Hopefully you have a newer one that is actually curved to match the glass contour.
Yes it’s curved. You can see the last picture ears are more flared out making for a more snug fit. I assume that goes to the bottom. The other new one is identical.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I got it!

IMG_1452.jpeg

Last edited:
This engagement is way too tight! What’s going on here? There is no way this can fit let alone slide. It gets super stuck at 1” in I can barely pull it apart! Any ideas? It’s the plastic clips!

IMG_1453.jpeg

IMG_1454.jpeg

I am looking at the welds as a possible cause. Will grind the down a bit and see if that helps.

IMG_1457.jpeg

Yup it was the welds interfering. I ground them down. Presto…

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_1459.jpeg

Window is really tight in that channel with the plastic sleeve. I hope it wears in before I brake the handle on the crank. I know aftermarket parts just don’t have the same dimensions as the originals but after spending like $130 for two fuzzy plastic strips one would think they would be perfect.

Also trying to find out where this plastic part goes still……

image.jpg

Window is really tight in that channel with the plastic sleeve. I hope it wears in before I brake the handle on the crank. I know aftermarket parts just don’t have the same dimensions as the originals but after spending like $130 for two fuzzy plastic strips one would think they would be perfect.

Also trying to find out where this plastic part goes still……

View attachment 1634984
Another anti rattle clip.

Ok so I tried to get the glass in the other door wing channel. That one is even tighter. My wife and I could barely get it off half way pushed in. Before assembly I power wired wheeled the channel then used lacquer thinner and cleaned the channel of any debris. Before that I welded the lower mount from the outside of the channel preventing any interference with the sliding assembly. The two plastic clips of the channel liner snapped perfectly in place.
Lastly I used the correct curvature of the plastic slide.
All this AND it was too tight.

Any thoughts?

IMG_1464.jpeg

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my glass installation being too tight. But I used new AMD glass and pretty sure the curve of that is too much to match the curve of the channel. I had the new curved fuzzy strip btw. I determined that the plastic shoes were not helping the tightness. Without the shoes, the glass slid MUCH better. I tried grinding the shoes to give some relief. Never did much. In desperation, I used a "Chicago Screw" in place of the plastic shoe. I just happened to have the correct size on hand! Put those in and the glass is still a bit more snug than I would like but usable. They sell lots of different sizes of the screw sets so just measure what you need.

The plastic piece is shown installed in the pic. Goes just above the door release handle. Keeps water off?

rr door release inner.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back