• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door window post support adjuster

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I can’t seem to find the posts showing how you welded the adjuster onto the support. Can you guys point me to that info? Should I drill out the two adjuster holes and spot weld it into place? Any tips on this is appreciated.
Oh also the fsm does not show the details on how this is set up in the door. Any pics on that would also be very much appreciated!

IMG_1414.jpeg

The replacement ones screw on. And there is a left and right side.
Thanks Charles. I kept the left and right together fortunately. I would like to weld them up. Also need to see how they fit n tge assembly.

Perfect! Thanks so much!!

So there is no adjustment in this pin it looks like it just sits on it it as an alignment and hold point?

Yep, It wouldn’t hurt to wrap electrical tape on the pin to keep down rattle noise. I didn’t do mine but thought about it after it was to late. Lol. I don’t have a rattle, I was just thinking out loud.

So there is no adjustment in this pin it looks like it just sits on it it as an alignment and hold point

So there is no adjustment in this pin it looks like it just sits on it it as an alignment and hold point?
If I remember correctly, there's some play/adjustment in where the pin itself bolts in. Also, factory had sort of a "doubled over rubber band" jammed in the bracket hole where the pin goes as an anti-rattle device. I recently saw them reproduced somewhere for less than $10 and electrical tape or a piece of old bicycle inner tube would work too

If I remember correctly my original had a white foam sheet around it.

Note to self
Don’t drink while disassembling these cars and wait 25 years to put it back together. Now that I no long drink, I can’t remember crap. Lol

You don't need any fancy "spot" welding ... mig will do just fine. You'll want to do a "plug" weld.

Note to self
Don’t drink while disassembling these cars and wait 25 years to put it back together. Now that I no long drink, I can’t remember crap. Lol

Note to self
Hahahha and also if your older than 55 forgetaboutit lol

You don't need any fancy "spot" welding ... mig will do just fine. You'll want to do a "plug" weld.
Thanks that’s what I was thought thinking.

If I remember correctly, there's some play/adjustment in where the pin itself bolts in. Also, factory had sort of a "doubled over rubber band" jammed in the bracket hole where the pin goes as an anti-rattle device. I recently saw them reproduced somewhere for less than $10 and electrical tape or a piece of old bicycle inner tube would work too
The Plymouth Rubber Bands are now $75 with $15 shipping. Il use some tape lol.

Done! I am not 100% on the penetration clearance but the weld and alignment is good.

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg

They had a thin foam strip tucked in there (I still have the originals). You could use thin foam weatherseal or anything else to fill the gap. As stated, all it does is stop the rattle.

Auto Transport Service
Back