• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dougs coated 452s headers or TTI ceramics

I have never once heard from anyone with stealth heads and power steering with stock starter? Like myself that is lol My cheap old summit (hooker super comps) headers hit the power steering unit on one side and the shock tower on the other lol and plugs 2, 4, 6 are a bitch of a time getting on and off. I keep eye balling those d452's as well but do not want a mini starter wonder if they would work with power steering??

Wish I could help you out there bigmanjb but I don't have power steering on my car.

Beyond that I have to agree with everything Propwash said about fitment and plug access in his earlier post

Is that the price for raw headers or ceramic that you are quoting? I am leaning towards Doug's myself as well. They are less expensive than the hooker super comps and a lot less than TTI. Locally for me to buy TTI's it's almost $1300. For the polished ceramics. $630 for the Doug's. This is Canadian dollars.

it was the raw headers, the ceramics are $641 here. After much reading I leaning more toward the hedman elites now.

Yup, buying things when your wallet isn't like Justin Bieber's really is tough. You really want to buy what you will be happiest with not necessarily what is best "for now". Everything I have read has pros and cons to them.

Just remember... "Your first loss is your cheapest loss".

I think I am gonna attempt to pick up the bar of soap. I think it's TTI soap. Ahhhhh

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the engine size. Mopar big blocks are different sizes, B vs. RB. Most manufacturers only make one size header for both. That means they fit RB blocks and hang down more for B blocks.

I have a 383 and wanted optimal fit and ground clearance. TTI is the only manufacturer that I know if that makes a different header for B blocks. If you have a 383 or 400, I'd say go for the TTI. I bought TTI for my 383 Road Runner, and they fit perfect. No dents, no clearance issues, fit like a glove. etc.

On the other hand, if you have a RB block like a 440, you choices for really good fitting headers probably increases.

my $0.02

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the engine size. Mopar big blocks are different sizes, B vs. RB. Most manufacturers only make one size header for both. That means they fit RB blocks and hang down more for B blocks.

I have a 383 and wanted optimal fit and ground clearance. TTI is the only manufacturer that I know if that makes a different header for B blocks. If you have a 383 or 400, I'd say go for the TTI. I bought TTI for my 383 Road Runner, and they fit perfect. No dents, no clearance issues, fit like a glove. etc.

On the other hand, if you have a RB block like a 440, you choices for really good fitting headers probably increases.

my $0.02

Having a 440 and noticing Jegs had the Hedman Elites on sale for $403.00 with free shipping, it was an easy decision. Now I can get the electric cut outs and still stay under budget for what I wanted to accomplish this year. All the reviews on the Hedman 78038 were very positive including the thicker flanges and HP gains versus the manifolds I have now.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Auto Transport Service
Back